CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I sighed when the song ended and we parted. I went and sat down by myself and skipped out the next song. Watching the others like a creeper, I stuffed my face with the provided food.
"Hey Doll face." Tony said, leading his Strawberry to me. I smiled at both of them. Tony pulled out the chair for Strawberry and she sat down, thanking him. He nodded and sat between her and I.
"This," He said, pointing to Strawberry, "Is my girlfriend Pepper. Miss Pots this is Avallone, the newest agent." She smiled at me and stood up. "It's nice to meet you Avallone." She walked over to where I sat and pulled me into a hug.
I hugged her back and she whispered into my ear, "Follow me." I pulled away and stared at her. She laughed and turned to Metal Head, "Tony, I'm just going for a little walk with Avallone. We will be right back."

Pepper led me down into the hallway and into the lounge. "Take a seat, I'll get us some drinks." She said, walking over to the fridge. I started to protest, "But I can miss the party." She smiled and came back with two beers. How did she- Actually I don't care right now. I took one and she sat down on the same couch as me.
"I saw you with Captain. You two are really cute." She said, taking a sip or her drink. I stared at her, my words unable to come out. "I'm sorry if I left you speechless. But I just wanted to talk to you about it. Captain is well, different. He is old-fashioned and isn't used to the intensity of today. Just be careful with him." Then she got up, smiled and left with a wave.
I sat there, stunned. Did she just give me relationship advice? I hardly know the chick and she walks up to me, states that she knows about the 'relationship' I have with Cap and advises me. Is this chick crazy? or just looking out for my and Cap's well being.
"Well, it sounds like you and Captain are a big thing then." Loki said, walking around the corner. I scoffed and pulled my legs up to my chest. "I wonder if my mind will ever be safe from you."
He laughed and came and sat down next to me. "You know, your mind is very interesting." I glared at him, "How much do you know?" He smirked at me before saying, "Enough."
I got up and ran out of the room. Dick. Asshole. My mind screamed as I ran. I didn't know where I was going but I just kept running.

I sighed and collapsed onto the ground, in the middle of a random hallway. I was a few floors away from the ball room and even more away from that stupid Raven-head.
Tears started to form in my eyes and spill over. I started to sob and I buried my face in my hands. "I want to go home." I whimpered. "I hate this stupid place." I half screamed into my hands. "Let me die." I said.
I cried quietly and wiped my eyes. My eye makeup would be running and I would look like a mess. I sighed and looked at the back of my wrist. It wasn't even smudged with black. Then I remembered that I didn't wear makeup. How could I forget a thing like that? I sighed again and burst into wracking sobs.
Half an hour later, I recovered and quietly walked to my room. I could hear the music going on above me and I sighed. I wish I could just be happy and enjoy myself for once. I thought, changing out of my dress into a simple outfit.
I sat on my bed for little bit,twiddling my thumbs. I was bored, but I didn't want to go back. For some reason I couldn't face everyone. And anyway I was an emotional wreck.
I glanced around the room, looking for cameras. I spotted at least two and I threw some clothes over them. I went into the kitchen and covered those ones.
Satisfied, I went into the bathroom and grabbed my toilet bag and a roll of toilet paper. I sighed and sat down on my bed, mentally preparing myself for what I was going to do.
It has been years since I have even thought about doing it. I guess the last time I did it was when I was in high school and the hormone's were raging in my body.
I sighed one last time before pulling out a small container.

WARNING: the next chapter might trigger.