CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

When I woke up I could hear crying, and someone calling my name over and over. I opened my eyes and saw Natasha curled up on a bench, crying her eyes out. The makeup was running down her face and her hair was a mess.
Suddenly she looked at me and cried my name, "Avallone! You're awake!" She ran over to me and evelped me in a hug. I stuttered, "Uh y-yeah. Where i-is everyone e-else?" She hugged me tighter before letting me go. "They are in the lounge, talking."
I sighed and nodded my head. Suddenly I heard shouts and hurried footsteps.
The door burst open and everyone ran in, Tony first. They ran up to me and I was covered in hugs.
"Kiddo, I was so worried about you." Tony said, stroking my hair. I half smiled and grabbed his hand, "Don't." I said. He nodded and went and sat down on the bench next to Nat.
Next came Pepper. She had tears streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry. I feel like this is all my fault." I shook my head and accepted the hug she gave me. "It's not."
Thor and Jane stepped up to me and they both enveloped me in hugs. "Lady Avallone." Was all Thor could choke out. Jane made a better attempt and said, "Avallone. I was really worried." I nodded and they left the room, Jane crying on Thor's shoulder.
Then Phil walked up to me. "Well, Agent Avallone it's good to see you awake." I laughed and pulled him into a quick hug, "Thanks for the postitivity Phil." He smiled and patted my hand before walking off.
Then came Steve. Suddenly I felt self conscious with my bare and cut legs. He grabbed my hand and I could see tears forming in his eyes. "I can't believe you almost died." He whispered before hugging me. I choked. "Died?" I asked him. He nodded and squeezed my hand. "Please don't." He said before planting a kiss on my forehead and leaving the room.
Lastly, Loki walked up to me. His face held an expression I couldn't identify. "What do you want?" I spat at him. Everyone turned and stared at us. He blushed slightly and whispered, "Forgiveness."
I laughed bitterly and said, "Nice try Raven-head. I won't ever forgive you." Suddenly the room was in an uproar and they all grabbed Loki and dragged him out. Only Natasha and Banner were left in the room.
I turned to Bruce and said, "Thanks Bruce, for fixing me up." I ushered to my legs and he walked over to me and smiled. "No problem. I would do anything for you Avallone." Nat walked up behind him and pushed him out of the room.
When he left I turned to her and asked, "What was the uproar about?" She stroked my face and replied, "We were trying to find out who you would resent. We are keeping Loki far away from you as possible." I smiled happily and she laughed. "Thanks Nat."
Suddenly she looked up to the ceiling and sighed. "My ride is here. I have to go." I cried out and grabbed her retreating hand. "No!" She smiled sadly and patted my hand. "I'm sorry Avvy. I have to go. If I back out of the mission Fury will fire me. I want to stay but I can't." I started crying and she hugged me tightly. "I need you to rest lots, and get better for when I get back. And keep up your training." She said, and then left.
Then I fell asleep from pure exhaustion.

~

I opened my eyes and saw myself in an empty park. There were beautiful trees and lots of walkways leading to random places. One seemed to stand out and I took it, running along as fast as I could.
Gasping when I saw the path lead over a bridge that gracefully curved over a small river. I skipped onto it and stood right in the centre.
"Avallone." A voice breathed behind me. I froze, recognizing Loki's distinct and slight British accent. I whirled around and stumbled right into his arms.
I screamed and pushed myself away.I lost my balance and crashed through the bridge into the still water.

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around the room and saw that it was empty. I quietly unstrapped myself and walked out of the room. Stealing softly into the lounge I found that everyone had fallen asleep on the couches. They must have been arguing. I glanced at the clock and stifled a gasp. It was around two in the morning.
I decided to leave the lounge and go to my room. When I opened the door I was surprised to find Steve asleep on my bed. I stood there contemplating what to do.
My mind flashed with a genius idea and I crawled beside him. I felt his arm reach around me and pull me closer. Maybe he is awake. I thought, looking up into his face. There was no sign on consciousness. I mentally shrugged my shoulders and cuddled up to him before I fell asleep in his strong arms.