CHAPTER ELEVEN

My breath caught at the word agent. Did he just call me agent or was I imagining it? I looked around and everyone was staring at me. Maybe he had actually called me agent. Gaahh. I'm freaking out.
Natasha was the first one to speak. "First she finds out I'm an agent then she becomes our prisoner and then she is promoted to an agent? What is Fury on?!" She said, staring at me, but actually addressing everyone else.
"Whatever he is on, I want some. Welcome to the industry kiddo." Tony said, slapping my back. Obviously he is not angry with me. I smiled nervously and Nat stood up, still staring at me. She walked over and I almost died on the spot.
Instead of killing me or something she stuck out her hand and said, "Welcome, Agent Avallone." I breathed a sigh of relied and clasped her hand. I smiled and then everyone came pouring in, congratulating and welcoming me.
"Now, it's my turn." Eye patch said, and everyone made way for him. He walked over to me and I stood up and grasped his outstretched hand. "From what I saw, you have real potential." I blushed and looked at my feet.
"I destroyed a punching bag and you say I have potential?" I asked him, looking into his face. He nodded and said, "Only Captain has been able to do that, until now." My head involuntarily went back in shock and I stared at Captain. He nodded and my eyes went huge. "You're kidding? Maybe the thing was rigged or something." I said, trying to come up with an explanation.
Stark stepped in, "Nope. We don't 'rig' things here. That punching bag was specially designed for Captain." I breathed in and sat down. "This is a dream and I'll wake up any minute now." I said, looking at the people around me.
"Here, I can help." Loki said, stepping forward and stabbing my arm with a butter knife. I screamed in pain and ripped it out. "Okay, thanks. I now know that it is not a dream!" I screamed and threw it at him. It pierced his upper arm and he cried out in pain.

~

"So, good to see you back." Dr Banner said as I sat on the chair. "Thanks." I mumbled. I looked across at Loki who was holding his shoulder. He turned to look at me and he shot me daggers. I burst into laughter and said, "You deserved that Raven-head."
He smiled haughtily and winced as Banner took the knife out of his shoulder. I held in my giggles because I knew it was an inappropriate time to laugh. Loki looked up and me and said, "Yes, it is."
I face palmed, forgetting that he could read my thoughts. It's not like they were bad though. I am not one of those girls who fan-girls and stuff all the time. So, I had no reason to care about him reading my thoughts.
Looking over at him, I smirked and got up. "Thanks Banner. I'm going to go lie down for a little bit, regain some strength." He nodded and kept attending Loki's wound.
As I walked past Raven-head I poked out my tongue and ran out the door. Laughing, I stepped into the hallway and collided with Captain America. "Oh sorry." I mumbled and stepped back. He smiled nervously and said, "Actually I was coming to see you." He scratched the back of his head and I smiled.
"Thanks." I said, walking down the hallway. He ran and caught up with me. We walked together in silence. When we reached the lounge it was just Barton sitting there. "Welcome to the team Agent Avallone." He said.
I looked at him weirdly but smiled and said thanks. I thought for a minute before saying. "Uhhh. Barton I don't know why you said team. I'm just an Agent." He looked at me and said, "Well, I am an agent myself, but I was meaning more like the Avengers." I was taken back in surprise. "What?" I asked him. He tilted his head and shrugged his shoulders, "We all know that you'll be asked to become and Avenger sooner or later." I stared at him, not quite registering what he said.
"Okay." I said slowly. "Agent Barton, I heard from Nat that you like talking over a good cup of coffee. I think that that is something we should do sometime." He nodded slowly, "Okay, one day soon then." He smiled and at me before walking away, probably to do some practice.
I turned to Captain. "So, Captain. Is there any special little lady?" I asked, picking up a strawberry from a bowl that was sitting on the table. He scratched his head, "There was." I looked at him, a question in my eyes. He sighed and said, "You know the story of how I was 'preserved' in the ice? Well let's just say my special little lady aged and died." I saw a cloud creep over his face and immediately regretted the question. How I got a job including customer service I would never know.
"Sorry." I mumbled and played with my hair. He turned to me and smiled, "It's alright. It helps to talk about it. It helps me get over her." I smiled back, glad that he wasn't mad at me.
"Lady Avallone." Thor said, prancing into the room. I stood up, as did Cap, and said, "Princess Thor. How nice of you to join us!" His smile flickered but grew, "Shall we go for a little fly m'lady? I feel cramped in this glowing piece of metal." I laughed at his description of Stark tower and nodded.
"I feel the need to visit someone. Would you mind if we fly to London?" He asked me. I stared at him as we stood on the balcony together. "Uhhh Thor are you crazy?!" I said, half-shouting at him. He looked thoughtful, "London is not that far away." I threw my hands up, "You're kidding me right?! It's a different continent!" He shrugged his shoulders and put his arm around my waist.
"Forgetting something brother?" Loki said, approaching us. Thor let go of me waist and instead held onto my hand. "Oh yes I did. But thank you for reminding me, dear brother." He turned to me and said, "I have been asked to take Loki along." I nodded, now really knowing why he was telling me this.
Thor grabbed Loki's wrist with his other hand and flew off. "To London and to Lady Jane!"