16 | questions answered

Start from the beginning

But it was there, like how it almost always was. Watching her. Waiting for, who knows what. And I guess the only way she'd ever know is by asking it.

"I... I realized I hadn't had any dinner." She mumbled to the unmistakable presence behind her. "Remembered when my stomach woke me up."

She withdrew a can of soup and turned to retrieve a pot, as the unknown entity watched on.

Roseanne smiled lightly, but it fell when she noticed the frizzy blonde's bloodshot eyes. Only this time, they weren't caused by the alcohol, and she almost wished they were.

Lisa uncapped the can and poured in it's contents, refilling it with water for additional broth before letting it rest on warm. She glanced to the fridge, picturing the blue and gold bottles behind it and wondering if she dares attempt. Knowing the spirit seemed to attack the last time she tried.

"It's okay..." Roseanne spoke, kicking the ground. "I guess after everything that's happened... maybe you deserve one. For now... at least."

The Thai looked away and stared at her soup. Eyes drifting to watch the hands on the clock every now and then, until her meal was deemed warm enough. She had switched off the burner and reached for a hot pad when she heard it; the sound of something being moved.

Lisa glanced down the hall, weary of what it could be, or where it had come from. Until she heard it again, and jolted when her fridge shook from behind her.

"Jeez..." Roseanne huffed while attempting to haul the door open again. "They're easy to close but sure hard to-" the magnetics of the door gave way, light from within spilling out. "-open! Finally."

The Thai was frozen in place as she stared at the ajar fridge door. Her pulse thumping more rapidly in her wrist as she pulled open the fridge and eyed it's limited contents.

Roseanne smiled as she phased through the side of it and tapped on the nearest bottle. Lisa's eyes flicking to it almost immediately, unsure until she did it once more.

"O... kay...?" Lisa whispered as she closed the fridge and de-capped the beer by the corner of the counter. Making sure to grab her soup as she moved to the couch and sipped off the bottle.

Rosie followed. Sitting down beside Lisa, she pulled her feet up under her and simply watched the frizzy blonde eat. Eyes, still glossy as the redness slowly dissipated. A sight she was at least happy to see.

"I don't really understand you..." Lisa spoke after finishing her meal. Exhaling a breath quietly. "Why you're here... bothering me and all..."

"Bothering?" Rosie raised a brow. "I guess maybe I am..."

"And... I was so sure you'd attack me again earlier, with the fridge? Last time you slammed it in my face..."

"I wasn't attacking!" She drew in nothingness and looked down. "I didn't mean to before. You just... your drinking gets on my nerves sometimes. You're too young to be throwing yourself away like that."

Lisa took another sip of her beer and ran a hand through her hair. "Are you... bipolar? Or?"

Roseanne chuckled. "Maybe?"

But since Lisa couldn't hear her, and since there was no predetermined amount of blinks for maybes, she instead blinked the nearest overhead light twice for no.

"So you just, decide when drinking is best then? I don't know why else you'd be keeping me from the fridge. It's practically empty."

One blink.

"Alright... cool. You don't like drinking." Lisa practically downed the remainder of her beer in response. A roll of her eyes accompanied.

Roseanne squinted as she answered her with a blink.