Combat Androids.

Combat Androids are a type of light Infahtry fighting machine designed by the Kovenant Empire. More specifically to serve as highly versatile fighting machines in all manner of war zones in support of either the Infantry or the Panzer troops.

Combat Androids are machine soldiers that had been purposefully created for war. They were originally designed to be a stop gap solution to any and all manpower shortages, the idea being that Combat Androids can be safely transported to a war zone alongside their assigned Regiment and should casualties be high and reserves can't be brought up quickly enough, than the Combat Androids could temporarily fill that role.

However, over the millenia their roles had changed significantly, especially in late Millenium 37, where Combat Androids become advanced and sophisticated enough that they can now viability be used regular mainline Infantry.
As such their role moved to support and replacement units to frontline assault units.

Combat Androids in the modern Kovenant Empire now serve as regular front line Infantry units. Often serving with distinction on the battlefield. Serving within their own Android Regiments for the Kovenant Empire for this reason they can be seen operating with as much effeciency in battle and logistics wise.

...

The standard Combat Android model was built to closely resemble a human being, this was so that the machines could both feel a strong comradeship with their human Allies, but for said Allies to also be comfortable with working with machines, especially since they were designed in order to closely resemble human kind.

Additionally, asides from making them look superficially human, Combat Androids were built with survivability in mind, their bodies were made from a combination of both plasteel as well as Ceramite that had been sandwiched in between a plastic like materials that served to protect againts the elements as well as protect all the important servos, motors and internal wiring present within each machine.
This meant that the bodies of individual machines are both lightweight but also allow them to survive multiple direct hits from powerful energy and Kinetic weapons. Including even bigger weapons such as Exploding bullets fired from Heavy machine guns.

However, Combat Androids actually wear uniforms over their bodies and this was primarily put of preference by the machine themselves who opted to wear a large great coat as well as wearing a vest to hold ammunition pouches as well as adding an extra layer of amour protection and this comes in the form of an extra thick Ceramite armour plate.
This meant that not only would the energy bolt or exploding bullet have to try and damage the outer protective shell of the machine's body, but they also have to contend with an extra layer of Ceramite playing that was even thicker than the outer shell of their bodies, but since they are machines the extra weight was not a problem.

As part of their original production the Combat Androids have a helmet permanently affixed to their heads, which is much, much thicker than regular Stalhelms, thus adding to their protective value.

Additionally, even if the armour is to be pierced and cause massive internal damage, the Combat Androids will still be 98% combat effective... The only sure way to destroy a combat android would be to try and destroy its CPU unit in an attempt to disable it and its CPU unit is located deep within the Android's chest and is protected by layers of armour that can survive very heavy ammounts of damage overtime.

Needless to say it is very difficult to destroy the CPU.

Combat Androids also possess excellent thermal imaging and night fighting capabilities.
Their two "red eyes" are actually highly advanced sensor modules which allow them see in a wide variety of ways.
They can use their eyes as thermal vision, night vision as well as use them to scan a wide area, assisting in target acquisition for the Combat Androids as well as many, many more environments... This effectively meant that it could help them fight in almost any and all kinds of environments.