NWR numbers 3 'Henry'

Name: Henry
Number: 3
Engine type: formally experimental, currently LMS black 5
Wheel arrangement: 4-6-0
Fuel type: coal
Shed designation: formally vicarstown, currently tidmouth
Primary job: goods engine for the mainline but also handles passenger work

Henry arrived on sodor in 1922 and was one of 5 engines the railway brought in to help with the increased workload. Henry was originally believed to be an Atlantic class from the North Eastern railway but upon his arrival it was quickly discovered that he was actually an experimental pacific. Surprisingly Henry managed to get himself the number 3 on the NWR and ran the lines main express trains for a small time. Only a couple months after he had arrived Henry chose to have himself shut up in a tunnel and stayed this way for almost a year. Henry was later released for the tunnel to help number 2 'Edward' take over the wild nor Wester (The NWR primary express train)

Henry would run as normal until the year 1935 where he would be involved in the kill dane accident. He was heavy damage in the crash and wouldn't be able to run again with out a full overhaul. Therefore sir topham contact sir William Stanier ,the locomotive superintendent of the London Midland and Scottish railway, and asked if Henry could be repaired at there workshops at crew. Stanier, who owed topham a debt, happily agreed and Henry was sent away for overhaul.
Henry would return to sodor later that year, he was now a LMS black 5 and lost most of his running problems with it.

Now to address a rather popular conspiracy about Henry. A large amount of people believe that Henry is actually two engines the one before the rebuild and the one after. This is wrong both engines are one in the same However not much of the original build mad it to the rebuild. The only parts from 'Henry I' are his smoke box, his whistle and his cab interior.

Input from the real engine.
Henry had a lot to add to what is told here. Firstly, he believes that, he was a mix between an GNR A1 and NER A2. His base and most his build came from the A2 but his boiler came from an A1. The A1 boiler would have been to large and so it would have been cut down to fit causing Henry's firebox to be to small making him a poor steamer. He also wished to add that the only reason he obtained the number 3 was thanks to two of engine numbered 98462 and 87546.