file 10- NWR number 7 "Toby"

Name:Toby
Number: 7
Engine type:GER Class C53 tram engine
Wheel arrangement: 0-6-0
Fuel type: coal
Shed designation: formally tidmouth currently ffarquhar
Primary job: mixed traffic engine on the ffarquhar branch. Runs on the Anopha Quarry tram way.

135 was built in in 1903 and was the first engine of what would be the Class lner j70. The engine would be the first example of steam traction on the previous horses drawn tram way know as the Wisbech & Upwell Tramway, located in Cambridgeshire.

Some how 135 managed to work on the tram way for many years even out living some non tram designs in the area. That was until the year 1929 when the small sub branch he worked on closed due to minimal traffic. Before the closure though 135 would meet, by accident, sir tobies topham hat, the director of the NWR. Sir tophams car had broken down whilst on holiday in the region and so instead he chose to travel by the local trams.

Later that year, sir topham, now back on sodor, became indeed of a tram engine to run the line to the Anopha Quarry. Topham was quickly reminded of 135 by glynn,after the coffee pot recommended he get side plats to run the line. Toby was quickly purchased from the lner and arrived in January 1929. He would be given a number after Percy becoming number 7 and took the name Toby in honour of Tobies topham hat.

A fun fact about Toby is that he was the first engine officially preserved by the NWR as he became part of the national railway collection in 1932. He's still owned by the hat family but he also gets invited to several large events on the mainline such as the rocket 150 cavalcade and 2012 railfest event.

Input from the real engine.
Toby didn't really have anything to add. He thought that account was rather accurate.