file 2- NWR numbers 2 'Edward'

Name: Edward
Number: originally 46 , currently 2
Engine type: Furness Railway K2 class
Wheel arrangement: 4-4-0
Fuel type: coal
Shed designation: formally vicarstown, then tidmouth, currently wellsworth
Primary job: Primary passenger engine on the brendam branch line.

The story of Edward early years on sodor is a bit confusing to say the least. Most believe that 46 ,Edward previous running number, was purchased after the first world war. This is true but 46 had actually been on the island since 1908 after being rented out from the furness railway by the tidmouth, knapford, wellsworth and brendam railway. Once this is explained most think the when the NWR formed that is when Edward becomes a sodor engine, wrong again. 46 was still being loaded to the NWR during the first world war and would only be purchased after it ended. Now that leads to the question 'why is he number 2 and not 1?' That's simple 105 or Thomas was purchased the same year as Edward but earlier in said year, making Edward the second official engine on the NWR. Most after that is history.

Input from the real engine
Edward was quite pleased with the story told above and didn't really have any major changes to make to it. He only wished to add that by the time of 1923 he had been heavily modified, similar to Thomas. Therefore in modern times he considers himself a NWR K2/2.