file 1- NWR no.1 'Thomas'

Name: Thomas
Number: originally 105, currently 1
Engine type: LB&SCR Billinton E2 class
Wheel arrangement: 0-6-0
Fuel type: coal
Shed designation: formally vicarstown, then tidmouth, currently ffarquhar
Primary job: Primary passenger engine on the ffarquhar branch line.

Thomas ,or 105 when he arrived, arrived on sodor at some point during the first world war, most likely 1914 . 105 was one of several engines which were requisitioned during the war to run trains for the war department. 105 would remain on sodor for the rest of the war. At the end of war, the newly established NWR purchased 105 rather cheaply, being the first real engine of the railway. 105 was sent to croven's gate works and was given a new paint job, the colour of which would later become known as NWR blue. He also came back with a new number 1 and his new name Thomas. The rest is history.

Input from the real engine
Thomas wished to make a change to what is told here. The number he arrived with was actually 70 not 105. 105 was his war department number, which he never officially had paint on him. Thomas also wished to add that by the time he arrived on sodor he was basically a costume build. having had a large part of his original Brighton parts replaced.
He considers himself an NWR e2/4