21| Stars

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Stars

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 21: Stars (London's POV)

Friday finally rolled around and I was more excited to go to the beach with Ronan than I thought. The whole week, Ronan spent with my dad and I didn't even know it until this morning. While I was working at the store, Ronan came over and took my dad out for walks, for lunch, for coffee, he helped around the house, he did everything he could. And I fell in love with him all over again just hearing about it from Dad. 

I came downstairs, a duffel bag in my hands which held a few blankets, some snacks, everything needed for a campsite at a beach. Ronan said he'd bring the sleeping bags and tents. 

"Are you going somewhere?" Dad asked, walking into the kitchen while I grabbed a few water bottles. 

"I told you, remember? I'm going to the beach with Ronan." 

"Ah, right. For camping, huh?" He grinned knowingly. "I take it things worked out? For good this time?" 

I nodded slowly, smiling. "Slowly but surely." 

"Good. I'm happy for you, honey," he chuckled, his laugh turning into a cough. He winced slightly, patting his chest and rubbing it, feeling the heartburn. 

"Dad, you okay?" 

He nodded, drinking some water. 

"Did you take your meds?" 

"I came down here to do just that. When are you going to be back? Tomorrow morning?" 

"Hmm. I'll be back by nine." 

"All right. I'll see you then? And Sunday we're going for lunch, right?" 

"Of course," I smiled meekly. The doorbell rang and I went and answered the door, seeing Ronan standing there, holding two duffel bags and an icebox. 

"Hi," he smiled. 

"Hey, you," I beamed, stepping aside and letting him. 

He followed me to the kitchen, setting his things on the counter. "Hey, Ryan," he greeted my Dad. 

"Hey, kiddo. Have fun, you two. I'm heading to bed early tonight," Dad sighed, turning to Ronan. "Take care of her." 

"Always. Take care of yourself." Ronan said smoothly. 

I watched him for a minute before waving at Dad saying goodnight. He retired to his room and I walked over to Ronan, carrying the cans of coke I bought earlier today. 

"What?" He watched me as I approached him. 

I threw a can at him and he caught it as it hit his arm. "Ah, what?" he whined, opening the icebox and taking the cans from me, putting them inside. 

"You didn't tell me," I gritted. 

"Tell you what?"