16| Care

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Care

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 16: Care (Ronan's POV)

I walked into the kitchen the next morning, aching everywhere from the fight last night. But I came downstairs to get breakfast and to grab the first aid kit so I could rewrap my wound. When I got downstairs though, I found my parents sitting on the couch as if they were waiting for me. "Um, morning?" It sounded more like a question while I stood there in confusion. 

"Morning?" my mom asked incredulously. "You nearly died!" 

"Uh... What?" I asked. 

"Are you crazy?!" she yelled. 

"Honey, calm down, please," Dad sighed. 

"Calm down? What do you mean calm down? He was stabbed!" 

"Slashed," I corrected. 

She stared at me in disbelief. "Let me show you the difference, come here," she threatened, standing up. 

I took a step back, standing behind the chair. "No thanks," I said quickly. 

She sighed, sitting back down, running a hand through her hair while Dad turned to me. "What the hell were you thinking?" 

"He wasn't," Mom mumbled. 

"What happened?" Dad questioned. 

"You heard that I got hurt, didn't you hear the whole story?" I lifted a brow. "There was a psycho homeless man in Runville last night. I don't know where he came from, it was near Crimson. I went there with Damon to have a few drinks. London and her friend joined us." 

They exchanged a look. 

"London and I had a fight, so she left early. And that guy grabbed her." 

My mom let out a small gasp. 

"So, I did what I had to do to save her, that's it." 

"Who jumps at a guy with a knife, Ronan?" Dad huffed. 

"Anybody does when someone they care for is about to get hurt," I replied. "No?" 

They both went quiet, just watching me. 

"And I'm fine. The doctor said so too. I just have to change the dressing every day." 

"Let me see," Mom nodded. 

I hesitantly lifted up my shirt enough to reveal the dressing which was soaked in blood. Of course, it bled, I slept on it. The painkillers blocked out the pain and I'm not one to sleep still, I must have moved around which caused it to bleed again. 

"You're bleeding!" Mom screamed. 

I winced at how loud she yelled. "It's okay!" I exclaimed. "I'll clean it up right now. What's for breakfast though?"