Chapter 37. "Sneak attack and retaliation."

Briel send a heads up to Benny and hid behind his laptop

Briel send a heads up to Benny and hid behind his laptop. Not an unusual sight so most of his customers didn't spare him a second glance. Not because they were impolite or sneering him. It was just common knowledge that the boy working at the Laundromat kept to himself.

The instant Benny set foot in the door his phone rang.

"Have you told him yet?" Kincade asked confirming Briel's intel that the man had eyes on him.

"Maybe you should ask your spies?"

Silence.

"You know about that, huh?" Kincade said with a little hint of reserve.

"They live next door to Mrs. Hamilton who plays Mahjong with Mrs. Chen. Most well informed woman I've ever met. She could probably tell you each time little Jean has a diaper change", Briel mocked nodding to Benny's frantic waving.

"Now that it's all in the open, could you please tell Davis that he no longer needs to tiptoe around the area and visit the Bakery in person. Benny would be ever so grateful", he added sticking his tongue out to Benny who simply grinned thinking about the amount of one dollar bets he could seduce the gullible driver into.

"Deal", Kincade said. "Now answer my question."

"I informed Benny the second I set my overdressed butt on this seat", Briel rolled his eyes looking up. "I have yet to hear his response."

"I'm surprised he didn't jump on this. Are you sure you told it right?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" he said waving Benny closer holding out the phone. "Someone wants to talk to you."

"Hi, Kincade", Benny said with an enthusiasm that made Briel frown.

When his friend took three steps back he realized his mistake.

"Yes, Briel told me, but I would love to see some pictures."

With growing concern Briel followed one side of a lively conversation.

"I'm sure he would love that." "Let me think about it." "It would take some convincing, but just leave that to me." "Sure, come over anytime. My mother would love to cook for you."

Benny turned to Briel and smiled brightly. "Actually, are you doing anything this evening?" "Okay, see you at six."

Briel huffed in annoyance when his friend ended the call and handed him back the phone with excitement.

"I'm going to hate every word coming from your mouth, aren't I", he stated with a wrinkled nose.

"Maybe?" Benny shrugged.

Briel stared at him.

"Okay, yes for sure", Benny caved. "But trust me when I say that this is for your best interest."