Chapter 24. A thrice marked Sub.

Briel eyed the black bracelets Kincade was holding up.
"I don't understand why you brought two since Doms are not required to wear a mark."

"I'd forgotten how much attention new blood attracts", Kincade admitted sourly, noticing the many familiar faces that followed them down, slipping a bracelet on each wrist. "This way no one can miss that you're off limits."

Briel never really liked going out to Clubs, only succumbing to Benny's begging once in a while. He hated the many eyes judging him with their dismissive looks, finding him unworthy of attention after one mere glance. Entering the buzzing Night Club right now felt different. He felt different. Kincade's excessive claim of him wasn't stifling, but surprisingly liberating. Knowing that he had someone to fall back on, someone with authority, gave him the courage to walk in with his head held high.

A staff member spotted them immediately.

"Welcome, Master Cade. I've arranged a table as per your instructions", he said smiling. "My colleague is escorting your guests. They will be waiting for you when you arrive. Please follow me."

Briel tried to keep up with the young man who was effortlessly weaving through the busy Club. His newfound confidence waned when he stumbled and almost fell. A hand around his waist saved him from an embarrassing swan dive.

Instead of simply steadying him, Kincade took this opportunity to fortify his ownership to this new and insolent crowd. Hungry eyes were devouring his property and there was no way he could let this go on unchallenged. Turning him over and placing Briel's arm around his neck exposing his wrist he pulled the surprised youth closer topping it off with a soft peck on full lips. He felt the gasp against his skin. The many onlookers caught the black bracelet and the tender kiss to seal the deal. Kincade guided Briel to their destination showing a confident smirk knowing now everybody in the Night Club knew who this young man belonged to.

First thing Benny noticed when he saw Briel approach was the tiny swagger in his step. It was almost as unusual as the two black bracelets he spotted. It was brilliant either way. He could use some help thawing out the big lug that silently accompanied him. You wouldn't easily guess it, but Briel had some swanky moves. Not that he was ever confident enough to show them in public. Maybe tonight would be different. Stealthily eyeing the hot commodity next to him he really hoped that his friend would help him out. His previous attempts to seduce the man led to a stern "Not going to happen". Like this in any way would stop him from trying again.

"Look at you", he beamed making room for Briel who suspiciously eyed his wide grin. "Strutting around like you own the place."

Briel blushed. 'Had it been that obvious?'

Smirking Benny turned to Kincade.

"Master Cade, is Briel allowed to dance?"

"If he so wishes, certainly", Kincade said taking a seat with an expectant glance at his charge.

Briel lowered his gaze and responded with a shy nod. He was curious to find out how far he could ride this wave of confidence.

"Remember the rules", Kincade said with a loose grip around Briel's wrist.

"Yes, Master Cade", Briel answered with a small smile knowing that he was emphasizing the 'untouchable' part.

"You are positively glowing", Benny raved the second they were out of earshot.

Briel tapped on the black bracelet around Benny's wrist.

"You've been here for hours already. Does it work?"

"Nobody approached me as of yet", Benny raised his shoulders. "Although they might have been put off by my bodyguard."

Briel noted the frustration in his voice.