Chapter 6. Three strikes, you're out.

A/N To celibrate the first votes and comment, I'm uploading this chapter early. Thank you so much LynnburgerMorris for your willingness to go travel the yellowbrick road and probably down a rabbit hole somewhere along the way. 
******************************************************************************************

"We're going to be late", Briel mumbled looking out the window when they stopped for the third time.

"I picked you up early at your request, Mr. Corbett", Davis said looking in his rearview mirror, "but due to the weather conditions traffic jams are inevitable."

"That's okay", Benny intervened on Briel's behalf. "Please keep Mr. Russell updated on our progress."

After the mini meltdown Briel had coming home Thursday they talked well into the night. Meeting Kincade Russell twice to collect basic information had been challenging for Briel. Meeting him when he was expected to do something was on a whole other level. Even with the outline of what was going to happen, the uncertainty of everything in between was too much for Briel. They talked about it and Benny agreed to act as his buffer for today.

Silently praising the excellent communication between Davis and his employer, Benny saw the man emerging from the elevators the moment they stepped into the foyer.

"Oh my God", he whispered to Briel. "He's even better looking than his pictures."

"Ouch, stop pinching me", Briel whispered back. "And I know what he looks like", he scowled, sourly noticing that every eye in the space was following the man.

"Good morning, Gabriel", Kincade greeted them with a warm voice. "You must be Benny."

Shaking his hand, Benny practically swooned making Briel roll his eyes.

"So you do own presentable clothes", Kincade remarked giving Briel the once over.

"Oh, he borrowed this from Mr. Chen", Benny said, casually pointing at the dress shirt and jacket. "Briel only has like two sets of winter clothes and you've seen him in both."

Briel thought he could die of embarrassment when he saw Kincade take note and pulled Benny closer while pinching him warningly. Apparently his BFF had left his filter at home and Kincade would no doubt milk him for all his worth.

"Then let's waste no more time and upgrade your wardrobe", Kincade said making Benny squeal with delight.

Briel just realized his mistake in bringing Benny along. No longer a buffer between him and Kincade, he now was a cheerleader for whatever make-over the man had planned for him. Benny had to literally drag him to the elevator.

Looking sideways at Kincade he shook his head.

"You said that you groom and dress your...erm...underlings", he started, making Kincade look down. "So I decided to take these clothes as sort of an uniform and will wear them only in your presence. Please assign me a place to keep them in", he finished proud of his steady voice, swatting away Benny's hand pinching him again.

"Sure", Kincade said, inwardly grinning. He usually assigned Subs to use an apartment situated in a separate wing of his penthouse. It had an empty walk-in-closet that just begged to be filled.

Briel frowned. 'Was that too easy or was he seeing ghosts?'

Stepping out into the VIP section of the giant mall he felt Kincade's smirk.

"First a haircut and then we'll stop at 'Bright' for coffee."

The man found his weaknesses with such ease and proved to have no qualms in using them.