Chapter 8. Getting corrected.

Briel spend the rest of his Sunday behind the laptop studying the Club Kink website. He wanted to lit the Bergamot and Amberwood scented candle Giorgio gifted him, but had a change of heart when Benny Googled the Brand and told him it costs eighty dollars. It now had a safe place in his wardrobe. His books would smell beautiful.

Briel didn't ask Benny his opinion on what to do, because he already knew it. His friend would urge him to take the next step in favor of his development. That reminded him too much of the words Conrad told him, that Kincade could help him grow. He resented the implications.

So maybe he had issues and liked to stick to things that were familiar to him. Did that really mean he needed someone else to step in and control his life in order for him to grow? It seemed like a funny way to empower a person.

One thing that stood out while reading the website and pleased him to bits, was the rule that the submissive partner always needed to give his consent before the dominant partner could act. Meaning that if he drew crystal clear lines, he wouldn't have to worry too much about Kincade's actions. If things did go wrong he could simply safeword and they would renegotiate.

Armed with a list of hard-limits Briel stepped into the foyer of the Conlink building feeling his heart beating in his throat. He signed in as a visitor at the reception and was announced before he could enter the elevator.

Startled by the sudden appearance of Olive when the doors opened, he stepped back and stumbled. A small gasp escaped her when she reached down to help him up. The look on her face was more compassionate than the last time he was here and he wondered what made the difference.

"I'm glad to see that you're willing to give him another chance", she said with a piercing stare", But be sure that I'll be watching you like a hawk."

Her words were nowhere meant as funny, but it took the edge of Briel's nerves.

"Lady, I'm just here for the coffee", he said with raised hands.

Olive produced a small smile.

"Nice to hear you have a sense of humor. You'll need it."

Instead of going to Kincade's office, she led him past the rows of cubicles he saw last time and stopped at one in the corner.

"This will be your workstation", pointing at his desk. "I've arranged you a position as junior assistant. Here's the details of your job description and the work contract. Please read both thoroughly. After you bring me the signed contract I'll put you to work.

Briel placed his backpack in the corner under his desk and hung his coat on a hook conveniently attached to the wall of his cubicle. He had been so worked up thinking he would have to face Kincade that this was actually a most welcome breather. Reading the job description he shook his head. Simple office work, nothing offensive and well within his capability. On a personal level he would have to interact with and adhere to his senior co-workers and the work-related instructions they'd give him. That might be a slight issue.

The contract was a more interesting read. It actually offered him the option for an interview to change his temporary contract into a permanent one. The benefits listed bordered on ridiculous. Was this a contract or a honeytrap? But if Kincade wanted to pay him twenty-five dollars an hour, who was he to refuse? Scrutinizing the whole document with care, he couldn't find anything that could hurt him, so he signed it.

"Here you are, Miss Walker", Briel said politely handing Olive the document.

"Any questions about the work?" she asked checking the contract for his signature.