Chapter 35. 'Angel down'

"Will this do?" Kincade asked holding up what Briel would consider a normal swimming trunk.

He retrieved it from the dresser two drawers below where the underwear was placed.

"Looks fine to me", Briel nodded. "You don't have a special dressing room for Subs downstairs?"

Selecting a speedo for himself Kincade smiled shaking his head.

"If you are expecting a similar set-up like at Conrad's you're going to be disappointed. I don't entertain guests like he does."

That made Briel curious. Changing quickly, in front of Kincade's greedy eyes of course, he kept his eyes to himself while Kincade undressed and snapped the tiny speedo on his hips. Last time they had been black. Now the lime-green fabric proudly accentuated all of Kincade's assets.

Even though truly unfair Briel still compared their bodies. Dr. Laurel mentioned swimmers having long muscles and observed Kincade's back when they went down the stairs, ran straight through a corridor and down another stairs to the bottom level of the penthouse.

"You mentioned exercises I could do in the water. Is this what you will be showing me today?" Briel asked letting his gaze glide from strong shoulders down muscular arms.

"Those will be purely for relaxation", Kincade said touting his lips when he caught Briel's inquisitive look at his body. "If you like I could show you some body sculpting exercises is future. For now it's more practical to emphasize on endurance."

"Oh, right", Briel remembered. "You want me to move my body so I'll be better at standing still", he mocked coming to an abrupt halt when he turned the corner and a beautiful pool lay stretched out.

"It's 82 feet long and ten feet wide. It varies in depth", Kincade pointed out. "At the beginning it's 10 feet and at its most shallow 4 feet. I don't want you to dive into this pool", he turned to emphasize his point. "Period."

"Does that include cannonballs?" Briel replied jokingly totally missing Kincade's eyes darkening.

"Yes it does", Kincade chided him. "Don't test me on this."

Briel frowned when he felt a sharp sting missing the added 'Angel' to that sentence. It came in harder than the iron rule. The realization threw him off balance, weighing down his mood to such a low point that he could feel his body tremble. He swallowed the snarky remark burning on his lips with difficulty knowing that it would only get him into trouble. However his willingness to go ahead with anything Kincade had planned down here had evaporated into thin air.

Kincade must have spoken on, because he looked over his shoulder clearly expecting an answer.

"I suddenly realize I'm quite tired. Please allow me some alone time before dinner is ready", Briel spoke in a cool and measured tone.

Kincade froze at the unexpected request and the tone it was uttered in. 'What happened? Did he miss something?' He also recalled Conrad's words. 'Yes to space. No to leaving him alone.'

"You can hang out anywhere in the living room. I won't bother you", Kincade said turning on his heels and walking away.

'Great', Briel huffed. 'Now they were both angry.'

He dallied enough on the way back up to find Kincade dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a simple t-shirt.

"Maybe I'll take that nap you mentioned earlier", he tried not liking the calculating look in those blue orbs.

"Sure. Take it on the couch."

'Well crap!' He narrowed his eyes and stomped up the stairs.

"If you're not back in five minutes I'm coming to get you", Kincade warned only adding fuel to his indignation.