Chapter 18. Lincoln Danvers.

In the three minutes it took walking from Kincade's door to Lincoln's penthouse, with passing Conrad's door halfway, Briel's phone blew up with messages from Benny.

-Conrad took me shopping for clothes-

-He told me to keep it a surprise, but I know how much you hate surprises. So...-

Picture.

-Don't I look GREAT?!!!-

-I'm in the bathroom sending you this-

-Apparently Lincoln has a thing against using phones in company-

-He's really weird, but his place is AWESOME!!!!-

-Smells good too-

-The food I mean-

-MY GOD! WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET? I'M STARVING!!!!!!-

-Conrad is calling me. See yah-

Briel looked up at Kincade shaking his phone.

"Benny just told me that Lincoln has a thing against using phones in company. If you knew this, why did you make me bring it?"

Kincade shrugged.

"I want you to get used to carrying around, that way I can reach you at all times."

"But", Briel started.

"You've signed the papers and are now in my charge 24/7, Angel. I want to have a direct line of contact. This applies the other way round too. From now on I'm available to you around the clock. Make outrageous demands, I dare you", he smiled.

Briel paled, grabbing Kincade's jacket.

"Please don't repeat that remark in front of Benny. I'll never hear the end of it", he pleaded.

"What would he ask that you won't?" Kincade inquired curiously.

"Oh no, I'm not falling for that one", Briel shook. "Your generosity already exceeds my capacity for accepting, hence the lease. Don't make it worse, I beg you."

"Hm", was the non-committal answer he received while Kincade pressed the doorbell.

A woman in uniform opened.

"Looks like he ordered in."

"Place it in a bucket of ice. I'll open it myself", Kincade said handing the woman his Champagne bottle.

The door opened to a hall followed by a space similar to Kincade's. Although the use of colors was a lot cooler than Kincade's penthouse, Briel felt the same homey touch in the design. He was curious.

"Who...", he started, but was cut off by Benny who jumped in front of him.

"Ta-da! What do you think?" he said spreading out his arms making a full turn. "You changed as well I see", nodding approvingly while observing his friend. "You're doing great", he whispered giving him a hug. "Smell great too. What is that? You never use cologne", he gushed.

Briel felt self-conscious knowing that Kincade drank in every word.

"It was part of the outfit Kincade chose for me", he said forcing a smile towards said man.

Seeing Benny's eyes grow larger made it worth it though.

"You just called him Kincade in front of his face", Benny whisper-yelled.

"I know", Briel whisper-yelled back.

"Are you coming in or what?" they heard from the seating area where Conrad and Lincoln lazily sipped their wine. "We've started without you", Lincoln said holding up his glass.