Chapter 29. 'The Talk'.

Briel noticed to his surprise that Kincade had moved his chair closer to him, but dialed back the Dom aura significantly allowing him some much needed breathing room.

"I promised Jordan to take him for ice-cream", Conrad said after leaving the lunchroom, singling Briel out specifically. "I will grant you permission to pick something, but only as a 'to go' order. Your conversation with Kincade is long overdue and I'll expect results before dinner", he added sternly. "I'm planning a barbeque tonight to which you are all invited." He turned to Kincade. "Linc is coming as well and he's bringing company."

The emphasis was so obvious that Briel looked up at Kincade. Nothing. Hm. Maybe he interpreted that wrongly. Anyway, now it was time to focus on the ice-cream. He almost devoted a whole page to desserts on his food list. Ice-cream had a special section on that. But as always being confronted by the many possibilities left him with a paralyzing doubt. Glancing over his shoulder he send a silent plea for help.

Since Kincade had his eyes glued to his Angel he caught the look immediately.

"Feel free to try out any flavor you like. I'll select what we take home."

Benny looked sideways hearing the authoritative tone in Kincade's voice and raised his eyebrows in surprise seeing how Briel simply went along with it. A week ago...what...even two days ago Briel would have thrown a fit of spectacular proportions about the blatant dominance and control in Kincade's voice. Now his friend happily made his way to the counter where he lit up like a Christmas tree.

"How many flavors am I allowed to sample?" Briel beamed at the woman behind the counter.

"As many as you like, Sweety", showing a soft smile she winked at him. "But don't overdo it." Over his head she nodded at the three men watching to boy. "I'm sure that whichever one of these men is your Daddy will be very worried if you get a stomachache."

Briel rolled his eyes at the Daddy reference.

"We'll see", he huffed out in an adorable indignation making the woman bite away a smile.

The impressive trio split and a gorgeous man with spectacular blue eyes addressed her with audible authority.

"No more than ten", he stated catching Briel's pout in the reflection of the counter.

"Don't give me that look, Angel", Kincade shook his head. "You know we are pressed for time. I'll buy two pints you can enjoy after our talk, okay?"

Thinking how stressful 'The Talk' would be, Briel felt sorry for himself. Facing Kincade with an exaggerated pout and full out puppy eyes he held up three fingers.

"I'll take it under consideration." Enjoying his playful Sub, Kincade lifted a stern eyebrow. "Now go and make your choices."

Benny watched in delight how freely Briel looked at the abundance of options and never appeared overwhelmed. He also noticed that his friend chose two flavors that should be unknown to him since they were house-blends.

"I'm so in awe of you right now", he confessed to Briel who carried his samples to the side bar where Jordan was patiently waiting for them.

Kincade leaned against the backwall ignoring all the eyes that were currently on him and his two Dom companions.

"Do you see how tiny these samples are?" Briel let out in an annoyed huff. "Almost no bigger than a teaspoon", he raised a cup and downed the creamy goodness in one go. "I could easily eat ten more."

"I know", Benny said with an amused giggle, nudging a preoccupied Jordan.

Briel lifted his head to look at his smiling friend, but was distracted by two Russell men who drew attention to themselves without doing anything simply because they looked fabulous. Miguel held his own rocking the Guard vibe.