Chapter 33. A five second negation.

Kincade looked up when Conrad joined him for lunch.

"Linc sent me a message just now saying that he apologizes for the inconvenience he brought to us and that he won't send Gabriel any and I quote; coffee and cakes with unsolicited notes anymore", Conrad said shaking his head. "That man is incorrigible."

"I had to beat his sorry ass at squash this morning only to get him to admit his transgression to you", Kincade snorted loudly. "We both know that there's nothing that can muzzle him for long."

He checked his watch.

"Gabriel is arriving in an hour and I don't want him worrying about this. Please don't accept any offers for joined meals or other activities during my time with him."

"I understand your sentiment, but that's not going to help." Conrad sipped his tea. "Give Gabriel some leeway to deal with Linc on his own terms. He is more than capable to fend for himself."

Relaxed he leaned back. "What's your plan for today?"

"I intended to take him to the clinic after working hours, but the doctor I want him to see has to leave early today. I'll send him a text the moment Davis confirms his pick-up."

"Does that mean you want to have a play session after dinner?" Conrad asked with raised eyebrows.

"I'm not sure yet. It depends on how things go. I want to continue with the hand holding thing. That brought some unexpected results", Kincade smiled. "Beyond that...? I'll let you know if Gabriel and I agree on something more substantial for this evening. Otherwise we'll stay home. Maybe do some exercises."

Conrad touted his lips. It was something he wanted to ask ever since Kincade mentioned Gabriel's 'shit list' and now seemed the perfect moment.

"What is it like for a Master Dom to be chewed out by a Sub in his charge?" he asked sporting a cheeky grin.

"Educational", Kincade answered through clenched teeth. "Let's keep it at that."

Conrad nodded with glistening eyes and changed the subject.

"Have you given any thought on how to handle your upcoming business trip?"

"It's four weeks from now. Gabriel will have just graduated by then and should be free to come with me."

Conrad raised a finger only to have Kincade beat him to the punch.

"I will inform him on time and ask if he wants to come along."

"Good", Conrad said giving him the 'I'm watching you', finger move.

Kincade felt legit nervous when he went downstairs to the lobby to await Briel's arrival. His message about the changed appointment had a curd 'okay' reply granting him no insight in the emotional state of his Sub. Even though he promised himself he wouldn't, he stuck out his hand the second Briel came into reach.

"It's office hours", Briel countered giving a sideways glance at the curious reception workers.

"24/7", was the quick comeback making him sigh. 'Looked like someone was needy.'

With a small headshake he let his hand be engulfed by Kincade's who grinned and guided him towards the elevators. Briel noticed immediately that they weren't going to the Sub apartment.

"I was looking forward to a nice hot shower", he said turning to Kincade without breaking hand contact.

"I apologize, but we're pressed for time."

Briel paled noticeably and took a staggering step backwards.

"You can't expect me to have someone come close to me when I'm all sweaty, sticky and smelly right now?" he gasped in disbelieve.