Chapter 10. Red Alert.

"And?" Benny asked the next morning the second they were alone.

Briel slapped a dollar on the counter and pushed it to him.

"Told yah", he said looking ever so smug. "Did he ask you to move in already?"

Briel glared at him.

"He didn't have time to ask me with him being so busy slapping me around the ears with all the information he got from you!" he mercilessly roasted his friend.

Benny had the good conscience to blush into his hair roots, but straightened to his full five foot seven.

"Yes I did that. But I didn't tell him anything he couldn't have figured out himself. I just sped up the process", Benny countered in his defense.

He looked down.

"I noticed the new boots."

"Kincade arranged a specialist who made me a temporary corrective sole", Briel said relating the story, but keeping the tears to himself.

"You call him Kincade?" Benny asked with eyebrows into his hairline.

"Not to his face", Briel admitted. "I handed him my list yesterday, so we'll be able to go over it after working hours tomorrow."

"Do you think you'll be allowed to keep the job in future?" Benny asked, touching a subject Briel didn't want to contemplate at this early stage.

"I don't know. We'll see how things go."

"I would like to visit the club. Do you think I could come with you?" Benny said out of nowhere surprising Briel.

"I know that Dorian seemed happy talking about his experiences at the club and I do appreciate his assurance that I won't be confronted with sexual acts in public, but I didn't think you were into this", Briel said closely scrutinizing his friend.

"Not the hardcore stuff, no", Benny shook. "What attracts me most about the lifestyle is the safety it provides."

Briel's confused expression evoked a sad sigh on his part.

"You don't know the gay scene, Briel, but I'll tell you that it can be brutal. A lot of casual hook-ups, plenty of unsavory scumbags and the never ending judgement of everybody else while doing the same thing as you. It's exhausting", Benny confessed. "In their world there might be less room for so called romantic love, but to get matched up with a partner who is totally focused on your pleasure, who takes time to read your bodylanguage and devotes himself to take you to highs beyond your comprehension? Knowing that they will care for you even after they get what they want? Showing you respect and take the responsibility to protect you from sexual transmitted diseases? Yes, I find that very appealing."

Benny peeked up at the clock in the Laundromat.

"My break is almost over. See yah."

"Safety", Briel mumbled. Even after hearing Benny's interpretation he didn't get it. Shaking his head, he came to the unsettling realization that in able to move forward he needed Kincade.

When his alarm clock went off at five in the morning Briel had hardly slept a wink. Besides going over a list with the actual words; sex, penetration and scat on it, he had serious trepidations on facing Kincade beforehand at work. And even before going to work he had to change his clothes. In order to get those clothes he had to enter Kincade's penthouse.

Next problem, what to wear? The clothes he left in the living room were a no go and he had no idea of what else Kincade bought for him. Should he ask him? To get permission to enter his house? On what to wear? But he didn't have his number. He immediately dismissed going through official lines and calling the office. Could he ask Davis to send Kincade a message when he picked him up? But what if he wasn't able to read it on time? Or if he was in meeting and got angry for the disruption?"