four

"is she awake?"

"hey,i was standing there"

"move!"

"i want to see her!"

zoeys eyes opened slightly and she closed them straight away.once she adjusted to the light,she opened them,looking around her.

the newsies were crowded around the bed she was in,all looking worried.she furrowed her eyebrows,"what happened?"

"ace!"
"she awake!"
"welcome back kelly!"

the newsies cheered before being pushed away,"come on,give her room idiots."

jack stood above zoey,smiling sadly,"hey kid"

"hey jack.what happened?"she asked,sitting up slightly.

"you blacked out,denton brought you home.he says youse was gonna get yourself locked up to save crutchie."

zoeys face dropped as she remembered what happened,"is he okay?where is he"she sat up straighter,feeling a shooting pain in her head.

jack slowly laid her back down,biting his tongue,"he's in the refugee.me and davey is going to break him out tonight."

"yeah,okay..make sure he ain't hurt alight jack?i couldn't live with the guilt if he is."zoey told him,frowning at the thought.

the door opened and some newsies looked up,greeting race as he got closer to his bed.when he saw zoey awake his face lit up.

"zoey you're awake!"
he leaned down and hugged her.zoey hugged back tight and pulled away when jack cleared his throat.

"we'll youse gotta rest some more.denton told us he was gonna come check up on you,so don't be surprised if he comes in here acting like a doctor"jack nodded,crossing his arms.

zoey chuckled and nodded back,"sure jack.thank you"she smiled.

jack gave her a smile smile and a kiss on the forehead before leaving,most newsies following him.

race sat on the edge of his bed with zoey lying beside him.he bit the inside of his cheek and looked at her,"zoey?"

"hm?"

"ise think youse fainted cuz' you ain't been eating much lately."race told her as he laid back beside her on the bed.

"well,there ain't much to eat race"
she chuckled,elbowing him.

"but when there is food,youse don't eat it,you give it to someone near you.hell,when did you eat last?"

zoey furrowed her eyebrows and thought about it.she scratched her forehead and looked away from race,"uh-i don't know.last week?"

racetracks face fell and he pulled zoey in for another hug.she hugged back and felt him kiss her head.

"why ain't you eating zoey?"he asked,pulling away from the hug but keeping her in his arms.