"Or what?" He was having fun, at my expense, again. He leaned in just a couple inches further. Could he read my mind based on my now glowing red face.

God he smelt amazing.

"Or I'll tell my father what you did to me in the woods." Dean's head reclines like I'd slapped him. His face twisted, and his eyes lit up with excitement. My moment of satisfaction was short-lived.

Dean straightened up and took a step back. Putting physical distance between the two of us.

"Is that a threat?" He spat at me in disbelief. I guess not many people threatened a man like Dean.

Stunned, I said nothing. He looked madder than he had earlier, a lot madder. The corridor walls looked to be closing in on me, removing the air so only Dean filled the space.

Before I knew it his hand tightly gripped my upper arm, and pulled me along the corridor. Each step I tried to resist, wrenching to release my arm from his hold, but his strength was no match for my own. His fingers bit into my arm as he easily held onto me.

Even as he dragged me down the stairs, there was no slack. People were staring yet Dean's eye's remained stern and unmoving. He might not care for others' opinions but that didn't mean I felt the same.

The moment Robert first saw us a bright smile graced his face taking years off him, however one look at Dean wiped it clean off.

"What's going on here?" Robert said as soon as we were within talking range.

Dean pulled me forward, forcefully flinging me in front of Robert. I looked at him with complete horror, my eyes begging him to see the madman Dean was.

The madman I'm attracted to?

Robert looked at Dean as if he'd lost his mind.

"Megan has something she wants to say to you." Robert watched me carefully, waiting for an explanation. None came to mind. I could see everyone peering over, all those who respected Dean.

I shook my head.

"Don't be shy now. Tell him." Dean whispered lethally in my ear, a hand on my back pushed me towards my father.

"He put a knife to my throat, and said if I came spying on him again he'd slit it." The words left my mouth in a rush. Robert looked between the two of us, considering the information he'd been given.

"You shouldn't be spying on people Megan." With my open mouth I stood dazed by what I was hearing. Okay so maybe I should have added more details instead of blurting out the main gist of it. But I couldn't believe what I was happening.

"I wasn't. I was walking in the woods, exploring the place." Dean's punchable face was only a foot or two behind me. Not that I was a violent person, just an observation.

"I'm glad you're making yourself at home." Robert smiled once more, as if everything I'd just said never happened. Could this be the reason Jake hated Dean so much? Did Robert just turn a blind eye to all of Dean misgivings?

"Dad, are you hearing me? He put a knife to my throat." Robert seemed to take special attention now. Perhaps it was me calling him Dad, I'd never done that before.

Robert looked pointedly at Dean, waiting for an explanation.

"It's a Russian joke. The English do not understand, they're too... fragile." Dean shrugged.

"I don't think it's weak to not want a knife to my throat." I snapped.

"The Russians do have a very different sense of humour." Robert agreed.

"Dad-" This time my wording had no effect on him.

"You shouldn't have been alone in the forest anyway Megan. It's a dangerous place, anything could have happened to you." So he cared, just about the wrong things. Robert seemed to be more worried I'd get hit by a falling tree and not his right hand man holding a knife to me. I had to say our opinions differed on this.

I would have thought it was a woman thing if I hadn't seen the way Robert treated Jake. Rather, I believed it to be a Dean thing. Whatever it was, Dean had a hold over my father and I wasn't sure why.

"But Dad, he-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before Robert cut me off.

"Megan, I've had a busy day and I won't hear another word of this nonsense. Now dinner is being served." Leaving me standing there gobsmacked, Robert disappeared into the hall.

I watched, unable to believe what had just happened. One after the other, each person followed Robert into the hall. Until there was only Dean and I left.

"Don't ever threaten me princess. You'll lose." With that last blow, Dean entered the hall.

I stood alone. Raging with my father and his complete lack of understanding in any situation where Dean was involved. He believed the man could do no wrong. I decided there and then, from this point on I would do everything I could to stay out of Dean's way and not let him bait me. He may have been able to affect Jake and Robert's relationship, but I refused to let him affect mine. For once, I'd get my happily ever after.