"Who did you ask to get out?"

"A month ago I gues" I laughed awkwardly, holding a jumping Varun in my lap.

"A whole month ago! And you are telling us this now?" He practically yelled at me, forgetting that he did something same.

"Excuse me?" I grinned at him "You forgot that even you had hidden the fact that you like someone!"

"You like someone?" Divya gasped at Romi who gulped while looking at me.

"Who likes whom?" Varun yelled.

"When were you going to tell me Rakshit?" Romi yelled, trying to divert the topic and hide the fact that he liked Divya. It had been a month since Arjun and I got hints regarding the matter.

"Who do you like?" Divya turned him harshly while he looked around himself to find a reason to escape.

"Are you going to help me Divya?" I had asked her something but everything was being messed up.

"Why is she helping you?" Cried Varun.

"Quiet!" I shushed him. Varun's cheeks poked out due to the air filled in his mouth, he tried getting off my lap but this time, I did not let him.

"Look, ice cream. I think I should bring some for you all" Romi ran away. But Divya was not going to let him go so easily without answering her question, so she went behind him.

"Oh god" I sighed.

So now I had to plan everything on my own. It had been days that I had been thinking and had almost come up with a plan but confused between two plans.

To aviod any further laziness and make sure there was no way of going back, I texted her

We are going out tonight!

D R I S H T I

I was standing outside my house after attending the interrogation round held by Varun. Thankfully he did not know what a date was but ungratefully, he thought I was going to some fun place leaving him alone at home.

And I was in mood to explain him what a date was. No more additions to his vocabulary.

Rakshit said that he would be here any minute but there were no signs of him for another ten minutes.

Stomping my feet impatiently on the ground, I complained to myself for agreeing to go out with him. He told me to get ready by six and it was already six twenty four.

Six thirty and I was goin back home.

I waited till six thirty but he was still nowhere to be found so I decided to go back home which was just behind me.

"Drishti!" He should thank to god that his voice came before I turned around to go.

I looked to my right and saw Rakshit stepping out of his house as if he was never late. He smiled nervously from a distance and took baby steps in my direction.

As soon as he approached me he clasped his hands together, his lips quivering as he tried finding words to explain why he was late. Just as he was about to say something, his eyes started checking me from head to feet.

"You look beautiful" he smiled.

"That does not cover the fact that you are late" I sighed. Folding my arms across my chest I waited for his explanations but he gave none.