The Canadian knitted his brows together. "Huh? Yumi I..." His throat suddenly started drying up after hearing that question.

She then bursted into laughter and pointed at his face.

The boy became confused. "What happened?"

"Stupid. You thought that I like you right? Dumbo."

He sighed in relief with closed eyes and put his hand on his chest. "You scared me."

Little did he know that she genuinely asked him that question. She wanted to shout and tell how much she liked him but couldn't. She wanted to cry seeing him react like that but couldn't. It is indeed true that if a girl and a boy are bestfriends, atleast one will fall in love with the other.

But Mark never saw her more than as a good friend. Ofcourse she was one of those people he loved the most but it was just platonically. Then, he saw the girl who caught his eyes from the first day. He looked behind Yumi and noticed her going out of the party. His eyes just followed her.

"Uhh Yumi I gotta go. I'll come back soon." He didn't even let her reply as he ruffled her short hair and left.

The girl looked back and saw him going away. 'This time also you left me alone.' She looked down at her white short beach dress. She thought Mark would atleast compliment her but no he didn't. She started wearing these kind of girly clothes and doing makeup because she thought maybe doing these he would see her as a girl. At the end, she let out a sad chuckle and took another glass of tequila and drank it.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Kiara was sitting on the cliff, gazing at the beautiful view infront of her. It was not dark there as the big moon acted as a light bulb. The humming of the sea waves were comforting. The horizon itself was a thin line where the dark sky and sea hemmed each other. But somewhere, she felt empty. She hugged her knees and pulled her eyebrows together as she frowned.

"Everything was perfect before but then you died, Mom", she said looking at the sparkling star above.

"Things started to change. Then Dad kicked uncle and his family out of the kingdom. I still don't know the reason but I miss them."

"Then my favourite person also left me. She left us all and went away. I don't even know where she is now. After she left, Dad ordered everyone to not say her name. I still don't understand why he did that to her. She only fell in love and it was not wrong. "

"I feel like Dad likes to be a king more than a father. He never gave me any time. Oppa also became busy as he grew up."

"I only have Chenle now and this locket." She raised the blue locket a bit as a single tear fell down on it. "I don't even know what else this locket can do. I think it has a lot of power. This originally belonged to her. After she left, Dad gave this to me. So, it is very important for me."

"It's just that I miss everyone today. Although some of them can't come back. But actually I think I'm more happy here. Here, I have so many people around me and there none. Here I can act freely but there I need to act like a princess. Only Chenle understood me."

"I want to start a new life here. Now I don't wanna go back." Her voice cracked as she cried.

But she felt a special energy pulling her towards the sea. Her heart wanted her to jump into the deep water and returned to her actual form- a mermaid. Sea was her friend and they had a special connection.