"He's so hardworking." I thought to myself.

My plan was to surprise them by appearing in front of them from outta nowhere. So, I started thinking of a way to do it. As I was thinking, I saw Tanjiro arriving at the backyard and sitting next to father.

He then said something which completely shocked me.
"I might be imagining it but I m getting the scent of big brother."

Father then replied with a smile. "Yes, you are right, Tanjiro. He is sitting on a branch of that tree." He points at the tree I m sitting at.

Father then says, "Satoshi, you can come out now. I knew you were there the entire time."

I was beyond shocked when that just happened. First of all, I learned that, like myself, Tanjiro also has a keen sense of smell. And secondly, father is not an ordinary human being. He knew where I was the entire time. As I was about to jump down, I heard a female voice from inside the house.

"Dear, did I hear that right? Is Satoshi here?" It was mom's voice. She then came out of the house and she was looking excited.

I smiled to myself and jumped down from the tree landing at the backyard.

As I landed, I said, "I'm back, Father, Mot-

I was cut off when mom embraced me in a bone crushing hug.

"Welcome back, Satoshi." She said as she embraced me.

"I'm back, mother" I said and she pulled me put of the embrace. She then asked,
"How long are are you gonna stay?"

"I'm gonna stay for a week." When I said that, her eyes gleamed with happiness. And she smiled.

"I will prepare the bathe for you. Freshen yourself up, alright." She said and went inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3rd Person's POV
————–——————

Satoshi has explained that he is the eldest son of the Kamado family to the rest of his siblings, not including Tanjiro and Nezuko

Takeo - So, you are our big brother, Satoshi. I always hear about you from mom and dad. I have heard that you are a warrior, so you stay away from home and only visits when you are free. Is that true?

Satoshi - *in mind* 'Oh, so he doesn't know about demons, yet.'
"Yes, that's true, Takeo. I'm a warrior, so I can't visit you guys often."

As Satoshi was talking with Takeo, Tanjiro has been smelling him secretly, because on top of his big brother's scent, there is also a flowery and gentle scent.
He was very curious about it, so he decided to ask his brother. But, before he could say a word, their mother interrupted.

Kie - Satoshi, the bathe is ready. You can freshen yourself up.

Satoshi - Thank you, mother.

And with that, Satoshi got up and went to freshen himself up.

TIMESKIP
NIGHTIME
3rd PERSON'S POV
--------------------------------------

The entire family is having dinner together, talking and having fun.

Satoshi hasn't mentioned about demons, since he didn't want his younger siblings  (not including Tanjiro and Nezuko)  to know about it, yet. And he still hasn't mentioned about Kanae and how he stays with her in the Butterfly mansion.

Tanjiro still hasn't asked about the flowery scent coming from his brother.
So, he finally decides to ask about it.

Tanjiro - Big brother, ever since you came, on top your scent, there is another flowery scent coming from you which doesn't belong to you. And it smells so good. So, I wanted to know about to scent. Can you please tell me what type of scent that is?

Satoshi who was eating his food, suddenly choked on his food after what Tanjiro said. He picks up the glass of water to drink, but he also chokes on it when Nezuko said something.

Nezuko - *in a concerned tone* Big brother, there is a red mark, more like a bruise on your neck. What happened?

Kie - Ara! [She knows]

Satoshi - T-tanjiro, about the s-smell. It is from a f-flower called Sa........................nae. YES! SANAE. I-It is a beautiful f-flower. And, Nezuko, f-for this mark on my neck, i-it is because of a....................a-an insect. Umm, it's called, uhhh.......Kanshi. YES! K-KANSHI. It's an insect. It b-bit me, that's why.

Nezuko - Big brother, are you alright. Why are you stuttering so much?

Tanjiro - Big brother, you are tired. That's why you are acting like this. You should finish up your dinner fast and rest.

Satoshi - Y-yeah. You two are right. Yeah.

After saying that, Satoshi finishes up his dinner fast.

Satoshi - Thanks for the meal, mother. I m gonna go rest now.

And with that, Satoshi enters to the bedroom to see his futon ready. He sits on the futon and remembers about Kanae.

At the Butterfly mansion
--------------------------------------------

Kanae - I'm missing him soooo muchhhhhhhhh, Shinobu. It's been only hours since he left, there's still a week left for him to come backkkkkkk.

Shinobu - To be honest, the mansion feels so empty without him.

Kanae - Not only the mansion, I'm also empty without him.

Shinobu - Now, what is that suppose to mean? Wait! Why don't you write a letter?

Kanae - YEAH!! YOU ARE RIGHT!! I CAN WRITE HIM A LETTER!! AND I CAN USE MY CROW TO DELEVER IT TO HIMM!!
THANK YOU, SHINOBUUUUUU FOR THE IDEA.

Shinobu - Alright alright. You are welcome.

And with that, Kanae dashes into her room to write a letter to her lover.

BACK TO SATOSHI
---------------------------------

Satoshi - Achoooo!! I think someone is remembering me. And if yes, I'm preety sure it's Kanae.

To be continued.........

___________________________________________

Author's words

Did you guys realize that the names Satoshi gave to the flower and the insect are derived from his name and Kanae's name.

So, Satoshi is gonna stay with his family for a week. And its gonna be so hard for Kanae to spend her days without him.

Will Kanae visit them?

1459 words.