Chapter 3⚘

'She's deaf? did I hear that right?' --- I thought.

"You probably won't want to be my friend." She said about to turn and go but I stopped her from moving. I stood in front of her and shook my head. She smiled satisfied and relieved. 

"No, no it's not like that at all. I'd like to be your friend." I replied genuinely then flashed a boxy smile.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Park Yejin, you?" She inquired.

I took a paper, wrote my name and showed her the paper with my name.

"Nice to meet you, Kim Taehyung." She said offering her hand for a handshake.

"Btw you don't always have to write on a paper, I'm best at reading lips." She said grinning.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"So, Taehyung, what school do you go to?" She asked.

I mouthed, "Monarch College" while keeping eye contact.

"Monarch College?" She asked. I nodded my head as a response.

"You seem good at reading lips" I mouthed.

"Mhm, I used to take lip reading lessons when I was young.

 My parents never really loved and cared for me when I was little. They didn't even consider me their daughter just cause I was a hearing-impaired child.

 They had plans on selling me off to some gang but good thing my aunt got to know about their heartless plan and tried to dissuade them into doing such.

 My aunt, instead suggested I live with my grandmother and here I am now, in this area living with my loving grandmother.

 A few weeks after getting used to living with my grandmother, we got heartbreaking news about my parents. They were found dead along a street next to our old house. I didn't know how to feel.

 I had a paroxysm of emotions and didn't know how to cope up. I teared up for no reason. Even though they didn't love and appreciate me as their only child, I still love them and respect them as my only parents.

 The only thing I've always wished for is for them to watch over me, protect me and at least be happy for me, in the near future." She uttered, all at once while crying.

I embraced her immediately and began to comfort her. ' We share a similar story but it's different in some way.' --- I thought aloud.

After she calmed down, I held her by her shoulders and mouthed something.

"Look it's ok to cry and I'm sure they're probably regretting how they treated you. Now all you have to do is show them otherwise and do them proud."

"Thanks Taehyung. I don't know what I would've honestly done." She said almost on the verge of crying again.

"Hey, look at me." I said lifting up her chin. "Since we're friends now, I'll be here for you. If you have any problems or issues you can come rant them to me. I can be free for you" I said staring deeply into her eyes.