Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (182)

Before a weak fairy ever stepped in front of the Great Demon King's door, he was known for his unlikeable behavior. The Great Demon King is arrogant, he never apologized for his crimes even if he was the one at fault. He does what he wants and gets what he wants. No one could stop him because of his tremendous power. However, every villain have their own nemesis. He met his mortal enemy and he terribly lost. At the day where his hope was gone and he was banished a worthless king, a kind and too innocent fairy saved him from the brink of death.

She took care of him even if she doesn't know if he is kind or not. She believed his lies about himself and let him live with her. Though he tried to trick the fairy to be his woman, she refused, because she loves someone else and she heard demons like him only lusted. She was careful but with his persistent, they found true love and passion. No one even believed that when they found the almighty Great Demon King; doing all chores as his fairy wife conceived his first child. He was very compassionate and even forsook the Demon Clan just to live with her in peace.

Unfortunately, his wife's old suitor; whom she had admired before, wanted revenge. His real identity was revealed and it endangered his wife. Even if she hated him, he didn't give up and forced her to stay. He brought her to the Demon Clan as he took control of his forces again. He made sure she won't leave his side but she grew distant to him every passing day. Though furious, he stayed patient and spoiled her even if she never asked. In the end, their love prevailed.

Yin Yehai was born, the whole Demon Clan celebrated and the Seven Deadly Sins, powerful existences within the Seven Courts; belonged to him. The Great Demon King was definitely delighted but his wife is not. She grew up innocent, honest and kind. She is not used with this life nor be happy for her son to become a tyrant. The Great Demon King was distressed on what to do and thought of leaving his post again for his family. Unfortunately, his wife was murdered by one of his trusted aide. They forbade him to leave his throne and with his wife dead, he no longer have a reason to leave.

[But does Host know? The male god inherited both traits from his parents. Being innocent and being cruel.]

"It's a pity I have to tear his innocence." Hong Cha sighed and walked next to Hei Shen. She thought, the Great Demon King wanted the best for his son. He never wanted Yin Yehai to be his successor so he had Da Yu protect Yin Yehai and bring him to a secluded island where he can live peacefully. Because, Yin Yehai can be worse than him if his innocence were to be torn away. However, for Hong Cha, it is necessary to sacrifice the naive Yin Yehai and bring out the best of him; the demonic one. The moment she saw his rank fall to the lowest amongst all male gods, she made up her mind to help him surpass them.

"Cha'er, at the court..."

"I wish to help." Hong Cha pause don her track and faced Hei Shen. She smiled sweetly before holding his hand. She had never done this in the past but this made Hei Shen flustered for the first time. "Hei Shen, let me help you. I can't let the Red Court down. This is my home, your home. For the better, I can scout outside with Fairy Bai Xiao. No other elders needed. We can draw maps for you to study so when the time comes, the whole Red Court will recognize the terrains beyond."

"I want to stop you but I can't." He sighed helplessly and gently caressed the back of her hand with his thumb. "Cha'er, have you ever thought of loving me again?"

"Eh?" She was taken aback with that question. Hong Cha came to notice the flame beneath his unmoving gaze.

"Cha'er, I regretted the same day I exiled you. I was too prideful that I believed you fooled me. Can we...get back together like in the past? This is perhaps what the Great Demon King called 'love'?"

Hong Cha wanted to knock some sense on him. He doesn't really love her, he just mistook his desire and infatuation as love. After all, infatuation is shallow but coupled with his need for her, he mistook it. She already knee what love is, and she had seen it from those men's eyes. It was different from what Hei Shen have.

"Let me think it through. After that Li Sinan and He Xia gets out of the way." Hong Cha tactfully raised another topic. Hei Shen didn't notice her evasion and only leaned to kiss her. She remained still but to cover up her lies, she accepted his kiss.

"Be careful." Hei Shen finally kissed her! He was glad but it was not enough. He wished she will agree sooner and give in yet she is always out of his control. She is not that easy to trick.

"Ah Ye, you had too much." Bai Xiao said. Yin Yehai was drinking endlessly. Earlier, she wanted to help him forget Hong Cha but he won't open up and started drinking in this inn. She have to follow him and tried being sincere. "Ah Ye..."

"Xiao Xiao, why, why am I not like Hei Shen? Isn't being independent enough?" Yin Yehai asked and drank another cup. He is already intoxicated but his calm flat tone and indifferent face covered it up.

[Host, this is an opportunity! He's drunk!]

"Get up, I will answer that if you go to rest." Bai Xiao stood up. Yin Yehai scoffed and followed her out. "You want to hear the truth?"

"Truth." He insisted.

"Well, Hei Shen is an established ruler. His authority makes any sort of woman to chase him. He is rich, he is powerful, and he is good in bed. No matter which woman, as long as someone beautiful and well-known, he can go for her."

"So, she wants to play it like that." Yin Yehai thought and his sight wandered on Bai Xiao. She is beautiful, ten folds than Hong Cha. But he never took her in his eyes.

"Ah Ye, don't stare." She meekly said with a hint of playfulness. Yin Yehai smiled deviously and pushed her to a lamppost. Bai Xiao was stunned. Dominantly above her was Yin Yehai, his gentle and cute demeanor before was replaced with an overbearing cold temper. It excited her more to finally eat!

"Fairy Bai Xiao, there you are!" His lips was only inches apart from Bai Xiao's collar when Hong Cha arrived. Bai Xiao can't help but glare at her. Hong Cha grinned openly, does Bai Xiao think she will let Yin Yehai be as reckless as Hei Shen?