Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (161)

Some demons can escape enslavement. Hong Cha's current body did and was even aided by a dark path cultivator which turned her stronger than humans and demons. She is confident she could protect the male god from the transmigrator or anyone else wishing to harm him. But for now, it is not good to kindle Yin Yehai's Seven Sins. He is still too naive and not in the right mindset. She will have to 'raise' him to a young man but of course, she will keep his innocence and never mention anything about bedtime stories.

"It will take us months before we reach the Red Court. As of now, a demon lord is trying to relive it, so does the other six courts. But it is difficult." Hong Cha said while they walked down the path the same day. She's bringing them to the mainland and it will surely be overwhelming before they reach the port. They are on a secluded island that is close to the mainland. First, they should get to the Red Court so they can secure Yin Yehai and the demon lords will teach him.

"Tell me more." Da Yu listened attentively when Yin Yehai grabbed him which made them stop.

"Da Yu, don't go too far!" He anxiously said.

"Eh? Yehai, what's wrong?" Hong Cha asked in confusion. Why is it Yin Yehai seems afraid to go further?

"I... I haven't seen what is beyond this forest. Da Yu said there are ugly monsters there that can kill me." His eyes watered helplessly and his red lips quivered.

Hong Cha was rendered speechless. His face, ah. It's hurting her heart!

"No worries, I'm here to keep those monsters away~!" Hong Cha pushed Da Yu away and comforted the little wolf pup first. She cast Da Yu a confident glance though the spirit beast is beginning to glare at her. Hong Cha held Yin Yehai's hand and dragged him with her.

Yin Yehai blinked. He just felt his heart skipping wildly when she held his hand. It was soft, and smaller compared to his. He can't help but squeeze her hand lightly but he received an assuring smile from her. For some reason, the thumping in his chest went loud like drums. He could feel his cheeks burning and his ears scalding.

"Don't be afraid. I will be here for you, en?" She ensured Yin Yehai and led the way. Da Yu grumbled in annoyance, he can only follow behind to guard Yin Yehai too.

The sun began to sink but they are still far from a nearby village. Hong Cha spotted the place where she had rested before. She told them to rest her and they agreed. However, Yin Yehai can't let go of her hand though she is planning to gather some dry woods.

"Yehai, you can let go now." She smiled wryly. Yin Yehai brimmed a grin and shook his head. "The hell... If he's not this childish, I would have argued with this guy..."

"Hong Cha, your hand is soft." He complimented and waved their interlaced hands. "I like it this way."

"But I have to gather woods for a fire tonight. Now let go." Hong Cha tugged her hand back in success yet she made him frown. "Yehai, be good. Or you'll have no chocolate."

In the end, he can only pout and wait for her. Hong Cha returned with dry woods, she had left Da Yu to guard Yin Yehai but when she returned, she was met with an unexpected scene.

There were spirit beasts around Yin Yehai, even stronger than his cultivation. Da Yu was standing on the side with a problematic look on his face. The spirit beasts were surrounding Yin Yehai, they would even fight just to catch a bit of his attention. Like a child, he enjoyed petting them.

"Hong Cha!" His face brightened upon seeing her return. But in a second, his eyes became worried. "Hong Cha, you'll bruise your hands if you carry rough stuff!"

As soon as he made a complaint, a spirit beast lunged at Hong Cha and took the woods for her. She was frightened at first, thinking they are going to harm her but they did nothing. Instead, one spirit beast spat fire on the woods, another spirit beast brought water and animals to cook. She was stunned at how they cooperated just to amaze Yin Yehai. He's a child of fate, even spirit beasts can bow down to him.

"Don't get too absorbed. This happens a lot that is why I moved Yehai to the top of the mountain where fewer spirit beasts can be. He can communicate with them and tame them so easily. Even I am jealous of this talent he has." Da Yu said while shaking his head.

"But... This... Impossible." Her jaw can almost drop in disbelief. According to her host's memory, taming a spirit beast can even cost a life! How come...?

Suddenly, a big striped tiger roared at them which scared her again but it didn't bite her or anything.

"Hong Cha, the spirit beast said it's time to eat." Yin Yehai said. Just then, another beast pushed Hong Cha to sit close with Yin Yehai. She can't say a thing while beasts served them their dinner. Yin Yehai is oblivious of the talent he has, he was simply appreciating it.

Even at night, they didn't leave Yin Yehai. He even slept on the big tiger for warmth while holding Hong Cha's hand.

"Psst, Da Yu." Hong Cha can't sleep well. She is new to this even though the tiger is soft to lie at. Da Yu tried to go to her but the tiger growled as a warning and he quickly took a step back. Hong Cha pulled her hand so she could leave. However, Yin Yehai tightened his hold and it even woke him up.

"Hong Cha? Are you going somewhere?"

She nodded in response. She has to discuss a lot with Da Yu so they can return to the mainland safely. Yin Yehai seemed unwilling and he even pulled her down.

"Don't leave." He pleaded with his puppy eyes. Hong Cha was struck with guilt.

"Okay." It can wait until tomorrow. Once she agreed, Yin Yehai was glad. He acted on his urge and embraced her.

"Never leave."