Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (100)

"Someone?" Hong Cha blinked. Mo Ye froze and lowered his hand. What is he doing? Which someone? Who? His elegant brows furrowed. Where did that come from? Hong Cha had guessed he must have learnt that from his female mate. She took a bite of the peach before smiling happily. "Xiao Bai, are you sad?"

"Sad?" he immediately looked up to her. Sad? How does that work? "Sad... I don't know. I feel nothing, Master. How can one be sad?"

"Eh? Y-you seriously don't know?" she almost choked on the peach. He shook his head as an answer. Hong Cha thought for a moment and removed her basket. She handed it to Mo Ye. "Since we are here, and I am your master, you must obey me. Understood? Now take this basket and gather camellia flowers and leaves for tea. I'll teach you what you don't know. Or, what you don't understand. Alright?"

"En." the naive demon nodded. Hong Cha hopped in glee as Mo Ye carried her basket. Well, he's not that scary at all. Nian Xiaoyuan and Xu Qin Rui are wolves compared to a small snake like him. But she came to recall Ying Wenxiang. Hong Cha slowed down. She forgot to check what happened to him after they jumped off the cliff. Her eyelashes fanned as she thought of him. He promised to be with her again, become someone strong and protect her well. Too farfetched, ah.

"Physician Liu is here!" a fairy saw them coming to the garden of camellias. Hong Cha waved her hand cheerfully. Liu Hong Cha is a lively girl and has always lifted everyone's mood. Even though Jianghu is a place for lone cultivators, she befriended a lot of them because of her entertaining. Even fairies likes her. They brought her rare herbs no mortal physicians shouldn't be having but since she is their friend and her master had a connection with them, Liu Hong Cha receive gifts from the fairies.

Mo Ye cant help but be curious while picking flowers and leaves. He glanced at her direction from time to time. How can someone be happy like her? Why do they have to smile? Or laugh? Mo Ye paused and thought deeply. He needs to learn a lot. And he have just the right master!

"So many!" Hong Cha was stunned to see the basket filled with layers of red petals and green leaves. She cant help but step on a stone and pat his head. Mo Ye evaded. It brought awkwardness to them. Seeing her silent, Mo Ye quickly bowed his head for her to pat. Hong Cha suppressed her laughter. She gently pat his head as if he was a pet. Envy roused in her when she felt his soft hair. It was even silkier than hers! Male gods are really born with diamond spoons. "Good Xiao Bai."

"Master." Mo Ye decided to ask her on their way back to the clinic. Hong Cha hummed while looking for native herbs all along the way. The red sunlight of the setting sun helped her find what she needed. "Master, can you teach me emotions?"

"Huh?" she froze. Hong Cha was squatting down to pick a herb. Her gaze slowly turned to the clueless Mo Ye. Really, he looks so clueless. "Emotions? Why? You don't know how to be happy? Sad, or even angry?"

"Ehm... I do not know." he answered bluntly without knowing he is starting to look weird. Hong Cha stood up and remained in front of him.

"Alright. Let me check something first." Hong Cha leaned on his chest and pressed her ear. His heart is beating. He have a brain. So why doesn't he know? How did he forget that too? Hong Cha distanced herself and thought of a joke. "Here. I have a joke for you. Why did the chicken cross the road?"

"Why did the chicken cross the road...?" Mo Ye cant tell what to answer her. Perhaps the chicken wants to go to the other side? "Master, why?"

"To runaway from the butcher, silly! Haha!" she nudged him with her elbow but Mo Ye looked at her blankly. His thoughts processing. Hong Cha stopped laughing and he still have that coffin-face. Okay, she's making herself an official clown here. Hong Cha cleared her throat. "Nevermind. Let's just go back to the clinic."

Mo Ye followed her with his blank look before walking behind her. Hong Cha had never felt so embarrassed that way before. Fortunately, he is naive as of now. When they got to the clinic, Hong Cha thought of preparing their dinner. Unfortunately, Liu Hong Cha's only weakness is making fire. She struggled to do so but puff of smokes continued to ashen her face. Hong Cha face-palmed. What should she do?

"Master? Is there anything wrong?" Mo Ye came back after washing the vegetables. Hong Cha bit her lower lip without knowing what to do.

"I cant make fire." she rubbed her cheek while looking away in embarrassment. Mo Ye strode to the kiln and raised his index finger. A stream of yellow light shot from his fingertip towards the stack of wood. Fire sparked immediately.

"Is there more Xiao Bai can do?" he faced her again when he noticed her astonished face. Hong Cha cleared her throat and pointed to the vegetables.

"Can you cut those?" Hong Cha requested. Mo Ye became busy doing the menial task as Hong Cha swiftly prepared the meat. Before she can even let the blade touch its surface, Mo Ye appeared next to her.

"Master, done." it was like he was eager to tell her his accomplishment. Hong Cha handed him the knife she holds.

"Dice it." that was quick. She observed what he did and ended up being puzzled. Mo Ye just brought the knife down and the meat was quickly diced. How did that happen?! "Good. You are good."

"Master..." Mo Ye still followed her. Hong Cha hummed while cooking. He felt a bit discouraged. "Master, can you...can you pat me?"

"Huh? What?" Hong Cha was stunned. Mo Ye already lowered his head for her. Aw, he's so cute! Hong Cha was defeated by his striking charm and patted his head. Mo Ye felt comforted. He's a good boy to deserve her petting!