matchmaker|thunderstormxreader|soulmatesau

request made by SOHANA_11

"This gift is important, Y/n" your aunt reminded you as you ate the cereal on the dining table, "This gift holds history, it's when-"

"-when the members of our family reach the age of 16 they are granted the secret gift of seeing the red string of fate, I know!" you interrupted. As once mentioned, your family has a gift passing onto the biological members of the family, the gift to visibly seeing the "Red string of Fate"

 The red strings signify the soulmate of each human being, however, the holder of the gift cannot see their own string. 

With training, you can visualize the face of someone's soulmate by touching their string. It has finally been your 16th birthday and you can finally use your gift however since your birthday has landed on a school day, your training has to start later. 

The gift has passed on from generation to generation as your family has been known for their match-making business, however, the secret of the gift was never revealed. From seeing your aunt working, you saw the paper forms of the client's names, age, star sign, personality, etc, that your aunt tells the customers to fill,  were just a cover to make her use of the gift not suspicious.  

As you finally finished packing up your school bag for your first day at a new school, you saw the time at your alarm clock and that was the very moment your jaw dropped to the floor. "I'm late! Bye auntie, thank you!" you cried out, as you swung your bag to your shoulder, slipped on your shoes, and rushed out of the house to reach school in time

"I'm just in time!" you happily cheered as you finally reach the school via running as you arrived at the entrance and to your classroom. 

"Oh, so you're the new student, right? Come in, Come in! Let's introduce yourself to the class" a voice spoke from behind, the figure looks like they were a teacher. "I'm Ms. Sherlyn. The homeroom teacher of this class and you must be Y/n L/n, correct?" the teacher guessed while you nodded. "Y-Yes" you replied. "Right then! Come in!" she welcomed you in, the sight of red strings scattered across the classroom, the presence of it looks as if it was from a picture book. "Students! We have a new friend here! Can you please introduce yourself?" she asked you once more. 

"Hello, I'm Y/n L/n. I just transferred here and I hope we can all get along!" you introduced yourself as everyone in the classroom gave you a round of applause.  "Here Y/n, you can sit next to... Thunderstorm!" the teacher instructed as she pointed to a boy with a black and red cap, who is listening to music. 

As you sat down next to him, you got lost in his crimson ruby orbs that were gleaming within the dawning glow of the morning. You got so lost that you soon didn't notice that he was feeling quite embarrassed from your stares. "Are you okay?" he asked you, clueless of what's running through your thoughts. "Y-Yes, I'm sorry! I'm Y/n by the way" you reintroduced yourself. "I know" he lightly chuckled, "r-right" you awkwardly replied. "They're quite interesting," Thunderstorm thought to himself, it's considered to be quite rare for Thunderstorm to be particularly interested in someone, not to mention how he only met you for several minutes

"Listen up, students! Your homework will be to create a summarizing presentation of this lesson-" the teacher called out but after the students heard the word "presentation", everyone cried out in misery. 

"-WHAT??" the classroom cried out in shock, not going to lie, you also felt a little bummed out

"-WHAT??" the classroom cried out in shock, not going to lie, you also felt a little bummed out. "Presentation on the first day of school? Really?" you muttered beneath your breath as your face pouts. 

"Silence! Your partner with be your deskmate and I suggest you all work outside of school hours as well, this presentation will be a major percentage of your grades." she reminded as everyone sighed. "S-So..." you started, shifting your focus from the teacher to Thunderstorm, "how about we work at the local library?" you shyly suggested as the boy softly smiled. "Sure, I'm free after school as well" he mentioned. As you were captivated by his smile, you nodded with your cheeks heating up by the minute. "A-Alright then!" you agreed and smiled back

"Why am I excited..?" Thunderstorm asked himself mentally.

┊┊┊✧ ⁺ Timeskip|After school ⁺  °

You and Thunderstorm then walked to the library together, only to find out that's it was temporarily closed. "Oh god, what are we going to do it's closed!" you sighed and felt a little disappointed in yourself, "D-Don't worry, it's fine" he comforted you as he patted you in the back. "Let's do the project at my house then, it's close by" you suggested as Thunderstorm agrees to do so. The walk to your house was quiet but was occupied by the wind shifting through. 

"Auntie! I bought a friend over for a school project" you called out as you reached your house and took your shoes off. "Okay! Hello there" your aunt greeted Thunderstorm, she noticed something quite jaw-dropping about you both. She grinned with a bright smile but doesn't utter a word, "I'll bring up some snacks for you both in a minute then" she mentioned as you both then worked on the project in your room. 

Working with Thunderstorm for hours felt like seconds, you both have more in common than you thought. "oh, look at the time" you exclaimed, "It is quite late, I'll get going then" he mentioned and stood up. "I'll send you off," you said as you both then walked down the stairs. "Going already?" your aunt chuckled lightly. "Yes, auntie" Thunderstorm replied, "Aunt, you don't need to bug him that much" you sighed as your aunt chuckled. 

"Oh, your school bag! I'll get it for you" you called out as you saw Thunderstorm without his bag. "It's fine-" before Thunderstorm could even finish his sentence, you already rushed upstairs to retrieve his bag. "Thunderstorm" your aunt called out the boy's name, "Yes?" he replied once more. "Take care of Y/n at school, okay?" she smiled, "Y-yes, ma'am" he answered, dumbfounded with the context she's implying. "Here's your bag" you huffed as you returned the bag to the boy. "Thanks" he thanked as you both exchange a warm smile for each other. 

"Fate really bought you two together..." She commented in her thoughts as a red string was visibly seen with her eyes, connecting you both together. 

------

photo is from a movie called "whisper of hearts"