"Am I? Think about it." He walked away pulling out his cigarette and lighting it. He looked pleased with himself, smirking while putting his hand in his pocket.

"Katie was my Alpha female. He wanted to make me mad by getting to you." He took a long drag of his cigarette before blowing it in my direction. His eyebrows frowning.

"Well I think he was successful in that, don't you think?" He said, referring to when he tortured Lucas.

"You're a monster." I whispered thinking back to Lucas' condition. He made his way towards me, cigarette in hand.

"Kara, you just now found this out." He whispered in my ear. I shrunk away from his tall frame as his eyes pierced mine. A knock at the door interrupted his intimidating stare. He looked me up and down slowly before backing away to reach the door. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. I felt like he was a different person just now. A person who was ruthless and unmerciful. A savage. The sound of the door opening took me out of my thoughts.

"Rhazo. It's your mother." Beta Adrian was at the door. She said something about Rhazo's mother? Her voice made it sound argent. With an irritated growl he nodded his head at Adrian. In a hurry she left down the hall. Rhazo growled his frustration as he dragged his hand down his face. Looking back at me he signed. I could tell I made him frustrated as well.

"I'll be back. Don't leave the pack house."

"But-"

"Kara!" His voice boomed through his office.

"Do as I say!"

I didn't say anything so as to not make him more angry. Inside I felt hurt, I felt insignificant. Like I didn't mean anything to him. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. With a slam of the door he left, the silence of the room allowed my thoughts to swirl in my head. Katie was lucas' mate. That must mean that she rejected him to be with Rhazo. But did he really only become my friend to get back at him? I remember the infirmary that Lucas was being kept for a while after Rhazo found me and him in the forest. I decided to go there in hopes of finding Lucas. Reaching the infirmary I looked around in search for Lucas but couldn't find him anywhere. I ask the workers if they knew where he is but the answer is all the same. Lucas wasn't here.

Where could he be? This is the only infirmary in the pack. Just when I was feeling lost at what to do next, a sound echoed through my mind. I couldn't quite hear it, it sounded like whispers. Closing my eyes I focused on the voice. Slowly it cleared up and I could make out what it was saying.

The library.

I open my eyes in shock. The library, I was supposed to meet Father Lorenzo at the library by sunset. How did I forget, he is supposed to tell me about the deviation. I looked out towards the window, the sun was already setting. Now I am faced with a decision. Continue looking for Lucas, or go to the library to meet Father Lorenzo. Walking outside seeing the sky light up with orange and pink, I look over to the path that leads to the library. My decision was clear. Meeting with him could possibly help me escape this hell hole. And I couldn't risk that chance. Quickly making my way over to the dirt path, My stride was strong and unbreakable. I was going to meet Father Lorenzo and get answers. Answers nobody else would tell me.

By the time I make it to the library it's already dark. I knocked on the front door hoping he would still let me in. When nobody came to the door I figured that Father Lorenzo was gone and decided that I took too long to come. Turning my back to the door, I was mad at myself for not coming sooner. I may have just dug my own grave. He was my only chance to learn about the deviation. Just as I was about to walk away the door to the library opened.