Chapter 15: Rider's Pet

((Note: 6K views?! That is crazy! Now, during the winter, I will get this story done...assuming that I make it before April 2022. I probably did not make it. Anyway, Let's do this!))

Khiry POV

After the "lesson" I taught Motoyasu, We are in front of the King to collect our reward from the wave.

King: As a reward for your efforts during the Wave & for fulfilling my request, Motoyasu-dono will receive 4,000 silvers, & Itsuki-dono & Ren-dono will receive 3,800. & as agreed upon, I have aside 500 silvers for the Shield & the hooded hero. However... Since it was offset by killing two of my best guards, she will not receive her funds this time.

Itsuki: I don't think that's gonna fly.

I then look at Itsuki.

Itsuki: You interfere in her duel & now you refuse to pay her for what she deserves?

Ren: Right? If you followed the rules...

Me(Kasumi): Kasumi. 

Ren: Kasumi won that duel.

Motoyasu: Wha...

Malty: You've mistaken, Itsuki-Sama, Ren-sama. It was a one-on-one duel, & the hooded hero used poison, made by the shield hero. That's why father didn't declare her the victor

Me(Kasumi): The Shield Hero didn't make that weak poison. I did. I gave the bottle to Naofumi for safekeeping. Plus you cheated by using a magic spell that backfired. I may use a bit of poison early before our duel, but outside interference by a party member is still illegal.

Ren: When the wave hit, it was Naofumi & Kasumi who defended the village in the knights' stead. I believe she must be compensated in some way.

King: Very well. I shall afford her the minimum agreed amount.

The man gave me the bag.

Me(Kasumi): Pleasure doing business with you, king dumbass.

I then turn to my group.

Me(Kasumi): Let us continue our work somewhere else.

Naofumi: Kasumi.

I then look at Naofumi.

Naofumi: Is it ok to meet somewhere?

Me(Kasumi): Ok.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Kasumi

The group & I then decided to walk around.

Astolfo: That was crazy!

Atalanta: I can't believe Ren & Itsuki would help you.

Me(Kasumi): In their defense, those two will honor a duel more than King Dumbass & Princess Bitch. Although... 

I look at the castle. 

Me(Kasumi): Those royals will fall.

Astolfo: How will you do that?

Me(Kasumi): I will do what I must.

Mordred: Still, only 500 silvers for help saving a village.

Me(Kasumi): Actually, the king didn't know this but...

I open the bag to show them it was 500 gold.

((Fun fact: The author's stated currency conversion rate is: 1 gold = 100 silver = 10,000 bronze. Dinner for a single adult at the inn Naofumi stays at is said to be 5 bronze. A night at an inn is said to be 30 bronze, or $78.00, which is a reasonable rate depending on locale, so the conversion seems to hold water.))