I sighed, carrying the empty box away after stacking his books on the table. I went and grabbed a pen, leaving it on the table, and then I settled in my chair, finishing up the book I had been reading. I didn't need to look at the door when I heard it open to know it was him. He walked over, stopping at my table. I cut him off before he could say anything. "All copies are on that table, just sign them and leave. I'll shelf them myself," I explained without looking up. 

I felt him watching me before he sighed in defeat and walked over, sitting down and grabbing the first copy and then the pen. As he scribbled down his signature and put the copy to the side, every light throughout the store flickered and then gave out. 

A power cut. Great.

I sighed and let out a soft groan in frustration, putting my book down and blindly feeling around for my phone. I found it on the table and turned the flashlight on, instantly wheeling my chair back and gasping sharply when I saw him standing right at my table. "Jesus! What's wrong with you?!" I stared at him in disbelief. 

"I need a light to sign," he shrugged, taking my phone out of my hands and going back to the table, leaving me in the dark. 

I kept my composure and stood up, feeling my way around the table and then walking over to where he was. "Don't you have your own..." I snatched my phone back. "Phone?" I finished, lifting a brow at him as he looked up at me. 

"I didn't bring it. Why would I need my phone? I thought I'd be in and out of here in a while," he replied. 

I scoffed, shaking my head. "I'm going to check the main power box. Stay here." I turned to leave, freezing in one spot when I felt his hand on my arm, pulling me back. 

"Do you know what you're doing?" 

"Of course I know what I'm doing," I mumbled, snatching my arm away. 

"I don't think so, considering you called it a power box. It's called a switchboard." 

"You knew what I meant either way. The power box, same difference." 

"You're about to electrocute yourself to death," he said in amusement. 

I rolled my eyes. "You think I haven't done this before?" 

"Have you?" 

I opened my mouth to bite back but stopped when I realized I've never had to do this, Dylan was always there and I just held up a flashlight. 

"That's what I thought." 

"You go fix it then," I nodded towards the staircase. 

"I don't know what to do," he shrugged innocently. 

My eyes narrowed. "I don't believe that one bit. And anyway, you can't sign without lights in here." 

"Exactly," he replied, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer before looping a finger through my belt loop and pulling me to sit down. "So sit right there and hold that flashlight still." 

"You're unbelievable," I laughed humorlessly, putting my hand on the table to push myself up. 

He grabbed my wrist, pinning it down to the table, keeping me in place. "I'm not here for that long, so just sit still," he mumbled, quickly signing one book after the other. "And pray that the power is back by the time I'm done, or you'll be shelving these all alone in the dark."