🥶

(A/N: hey guys! It's been a bit of time that I've uploaded to this book but the other one I've done quite a bit so check that one out too! Anyway this one is about teenage Choni on a snow day! I'm leaving for Texas today and I'm so excited! I've never been and I can't wait to cross another state off my bucket list. My goal is to one day visit all 50 states, and so far I've done like 19 I think! Anyway enjoy, love y'all!)

No time skip

Cheryl's pov

Recently Toni and I had been working very hard on our school work, and I was very excited because it was alleged that we were going to have a snow day tomorrow since it was supposed to snow a ton overnight!

Ever since I was a little kid, I have been a pretty superstitious person and always believed in and practiced the traditions of "if you want a snow day, you should do this". For example, things I did as a child were: put a purple crayon on every windowsill, drop one ice cube in the toilet for every inch of snow you want, sleep with a spoon under your pillow, wear your pajamas inside out and backwards, put a white crayon in your freezer.

Toni didn't believe in many superstitions but she told me she'd do them with me anyway because they made me happy. I love her so damn much.

It was the very end of 9th period  and Toni and I were about to leave school for the day, and gathering our belongings.

We headed home and the snow was starting to pile up already, so we were hoping that it would lead to a snow day for tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Then we started our traditions and superstitions.

First, Toni got 3 ice cubes and flushed them down the toilet. Luckily we have an ice machine that it's currently filled with hundreds of ice cubes, so it wasn't a waste for us to throw away those 3.

After that, i grabbed a few purple crayons and put one on each of our windowsills.

Again, we don't necessarily 100% believe this will all work in our favor, but it's worth the shot!

After that we went to bed and hoped for a snow day to be announced the next day.

Time skip to the next morning

Cheryl's pov

We woke up the next morning at our regular time during a school day which is five am.

After we woke up, we put on the radio to listen and see if they'd announce a delay or a snow day.

We listened intently, as they listed off schools nearby. We also didn't have much faith that we would close, as most of the time our school never did.

"Langston-Sloane High School... closed."

"Morganville High School... open."

"The Madelaine Petsch Academy for the gifted... open."

"Glendale High School.... Closed."

"Riverdale High School... closed."

When Toni and I heard that, we practically jumped for joy!!

Immediately following the announcement, we went back up to bed to sleep.

Time skip like four hours

Cheryl's pov

After a little while of sleeping, we woke up at around 9:30 AM.

"Babe let's get changed into our snow clothes and go outside!!" I suggested happily.

We went outside and played in the snow for a long while, feeling like we were kids again!