🦜

(A/N: happy late thanksgiving to those who celebrate and happy Black Friday! I'm going shopping it's like 6 am lol. This Picture of the day is my bird Billie! In this story, Cheryl and Toni adopt a parrot and this is the one they adopt and they name her billie too. Enjoy! (It's two parts) love y'all)

No time skip

Tonis POV

My love for animals has always been strong, and one of my most noticeable character traits. I love all animals, but especially birds. I always wanted to have one as a pet, and I told my girlfriend, Cheryl, this one day just off the cuff. I wasn't even thinking about it when I said it and didn't give it a second thought.

It was just a passing thought and I said "you know babe, one day I'd really like to own a parrot." And we moved on from the conversation.

However, one day Cheryl came home looking quite nervous which worried me for a few reasons, but not the reason you might think.

I figured she was having a bad day, I didn't assume anything. But, she came in with a box and told me to open it.

I did, and it was bird food, bird toys, and a book on how to care for a Parrot. I looked up at her. "What's this babe?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "We're going to this bird store later, we're gonna adopt a little feathery friend. Is that okay with you mon amour?" She asked and my face lit up, I was smiling ear to ear.

"Hell yeah that's okay with me!!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her in a hug.

We got up, went to our room, and cleared a space big enough for a bird cage. We planned to have a perch next to it so the bird didn't have to be confined all the time, but could hang out in our room on his or her little perch.

Later that day, about a few hours later, she and I got into the car and drove to a store called Parrots of the World, which had a ton of (legal) exotic birds that were well taken care of and were all available for adoption/purchasing.

Cheryl was in the drivers side seat and I was in the passenger side seat, so she told me to wait in the car. She got out and walked to the other side and opened my door for me. "Right this way, m'lady." She said in a faux British accent, making me giggle.

We walked hand in hand up to the front and went inside, with me holding the door for Cheryl, just to be chivalrous and romantic.

Once we walked in, the loud noise of multiple birds hit us.

"Hello ladies how may I help you today?" A nice older man asked, holding a colorful bird in his hands.

"Hi yes I called yesterday. My girlfriend and I want to adopt a parrot, please." Cheryl explained, smiling politely.

"Oh yes, I remember. Toni and Cheryl right?" He asked, first pointing to me, then to Cheryl. We nodded