"Estelle, why did you lock the door?" I hear her on the other side of the door trying to open it but failing.

I didn't answer her and continued crying feeling so shitty because of her. We've been together for almost nine months and I showed her more than once that she can trust me. I even open up to her and told her things I never told anyone before but I see that she couldn't do the same. I know I shouldn't act like this but I'm tired of all this shit.

"Baby, why are you crying? Open the door. We have to talk."

When I finished showering I wrapped the towel around my face and went to the sink to take off my makeup. I did my skincare routine and brushed my teeth then unlocked the door and walked past Elizabeth to go to the closet.

"Kitten" she went after me but I ignored her. I let my towel fall onto the floor and put on a pair of panties then a large oversized t-shirt.

I tried to leave the room but she caught my hand and I turned to look at her very upset. I wasn't gonna talk to her tonight no matter how much she begged me to do so.

"Let go of me. I don't want to talk to you." I got out of her grip and went into the bedroom.

I took my pillow, a blanket and my teddy bear then went to the couch where I arranged everything. I lay down and Elizabeth came to the couch and looked at me.

"What are you doing? Come to bed with me. You hate sleeping alone just as much as I do."

I ignored her and turned my back to her, closed my eyes trying to fall asleep hugging the teddy bear that smelled like her.

"It's cold here. Our bed is warm and you have me who can cuddle you the whole night and keep you warm. At least dry your hair before you fall asleep. I don't want you to get sick."

She stayed there for a few minutes but I guess at some point she understood that I wasn't gonna answer her so she just pressed a kiss on my cheek then left to go to the bedroom.

"I love you. Sweet dreams princess. I hope you'll talk to me tomorrow and we'll sort things out."

. . . . . . .

Elizabeth's pov

The next morning I woke up tired. I barely even got any sleep last night because Estelle wasn't with me. I sighed and eventually got up from the bed and went straight to the couch where my girl was sleeping. The room was really cold and I realized the air conditioner was on.

The blanket fell onto the floor and her tiny body was uncovered. I pressed a few kisses on her beautiful face trying to wake her up. Her skin was very hot against my lips and I didn't understand what was going on. I touched her temple with the back of my hand and she was burning hot.

I started worrying because I didn't know why she was so hot. I guess this was some kind of fever or something. I had no idea what was I supposed to do because I haven't been sick for ages. I told her to dry her hair and sleep in bed last night. I don't understand why would she turn on the air conditioner, it wasn't that hot here and she knew very well not to sleep with her hair wet while it's on.

I went back to the bedroom in search of my phone. When I found it, I searched on google what to do and found an article where it said that some cold water could help her but I was very confused because I didn't want her to get even sicker than she already was. I felt like I was losing my mind so I just called Liz to ask for her help.

"Yes?"

"Come to my room, Estelle is sick and I don't know what to do."

"Call a doctor."