004 | continuation

Start from the beginning

But she continued to play along with the others, if only to see Mira's shoulders relax whenever she mentioned him.

"Two hundred milkshakes will hurt your stomach," the white-haired mage replied.

"Moifine! I want a milkshake in every flavour when you come back!"

Mira laughed softly.

"Sure."

Amethyst never got her milkshakes.

──────〔🦋〕──────

"Gray, Juvia!" Amethyst ran up to the couple, jumping into the male's extended arms. She secured her tiny legs around his waist, her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Hey, baby," he greeted, kissing her nose.

Juvia pressed herself against her back, running her dainty, gentle fingers through silky dark-haired strands of hair.

"Bring me back something from your trip," Amethyst said, holding him close to her face, forcing Gray to angle his head downwards.

"For you? I'd bring back a whole island."

"Really?!"

Juvia laughed tenderly, like soothing raindrops rippling through a bed of water. "Gray-sama means that as an exaggeration. He cannot bring back a whole island. It would be too hard."

Amethyst tilted her head back, hanging off Gray like a koala. He grunted as her weight shifted, hands cupping her underside.

Amethyst rested her head on Juvia's chest, staring up at the water mage.

"Would you bring back an island for me?"

And it was such a simple, adorable question. How could Juvia ever deny her soulmate anything and everything she wanted?

"Of course! Juvia is much stronger than Gray-sama," she said with utmost sincerity.

"Yes," cheered Lisanna, who had returned to her rightful home after their trip to Edolas. "You tell them, Juvia! We're going to come back with a whole new status!"

"Hey!" Gray protested.

"Don't worry, Gray," Loke reassured, placing a placating hand on his strained shoulder. "They're living in denial. We'll help them."

"Oi!" Lisanna burned holes into the zodiac's head. None of them cared about Loke's true identity as Leo. They knew him the same: as a member of their weird, loving family.

Amethyst giggled.

They never brought her back an island.

──────〔🦋〕──────

"Once we're done, and Cana becomes the new S-Class mage, we'll hold all the sleepovers you want!" Lucy told her, grinning as her soulmate wrapped her arms around her leg, chin resting on her thigh and those eyes that they all adored staring up at the blonde.

"Promise?!" Amethyst asked excitedly.

Lucy linked her pinky with hers.