The leader smirked down at me, before he crouched down to my level.

"I hope you don't mind me bringing more friends over," he drawled.

"W... What? What do you mean?" I asked.

His gaze fell below us on the battlefield again. I followed it and noticed that the ground below was trembling violently. A large crack erupted on the ground in the middle of Blakk's army, before it burst opened, tearing the ground in half with lava beneath the deadly fault.

Unlucky Darkbanes and stone warriors fell into the chasm. The stone warriors melted away instantly, but lava had no effect on the Darkbanes. Unfortunately for them, magma monsters lingered in the lava, consuming them whole one by one.

My head shot up when multiple screeches were heard from the east. Through the thick smoke, creatures of all kinds emerged out of it.

Acid Shrimps, bats, bees, Brain Leeches, Cavern Crawlers, Dino Beasts, Dino Rats, Eye Eaters, Ice Orges, Pyritor, slughounds, spiders, and even a ginormous Turtleton. Thousands of Crystal Worms emerged from the ground, glaring down from almost my height, letting out screeches that can easily traumatize someone.

"Backup has finally arrived!" Pronto cried and I can imagine him with tears of joy. I looked back at the leader of the Shadow Clan, and put on a tiring smile.

"Thank you," I said almost out of breath. He nodded at me.

"I am truly sorry for not trusting you any earlier. It was my mistake, please forgive me, Alessia, the protector of the 99 caverns," he said with a stern look. "Please give your orders."

"There's only one thing left to do," I smirked at him, the slugs in my bandoleer and on my shoulders chirped happily. "Win the war."

The leader stood up from his crouching position and let out a high-pitched scream, signalling the creatures of Slugterra to join the fight.

"Attack!" Doctor Blakk's furious voice could be heard from a mile away. I watched as the Emperor stretched out an arm with a Smugglet perching on it, before innumerable rows of Iron Warriors materialised before us. The Iron Warriors and the strongest creatures finally joined the army, their dreadful eyes showed no mercy.

"Give it all you got!" Trixie yelled and once again, the army charged forward full-force.

The new Pieper slug flew towards me and returned to photoform, landing on my lap and looking up at me curiously.

"Hey bud, wanna help save Slugterra?" I smiled and it chirped happily. It loaded itself up and I simply pushed the trigger on my blaster.

It transformed into yet another beautiful megamorph and turned around to charge alongside the soldiers and creatures. It hit one of the Unstoppable warriors, and hypnotised all the ghouls, bringing a huge disadvantage to the Emperor's warriors.

"Fire the Elementals!" Junjie commanded, but the pain from the gashes on my back was still very present. With Doc and Hero loaded, I struggled to spin my blaster without causing more discomfort.

A groan escaped my lips as I lifted up my blaster. I bit my lips, enduring it as I spun my blaster in terminal velocity, detached them, and fired. My body jolted backwards from the shot.

Doc and Hero megamorphed alongside the other three Elementals that were fired simultaneously. They travelled in a formation, with Doc in the middle. The red ceiling of Slag Rock Cavern faded, turning into its usual greyish-green colour. The bioluminescent trees came back to live, the waters of the river returned to normal.

It's working.

The five then left the battlefield, saving the rest of the 98 caverns.

Dalinda folded her wings and charged towards the ground. She spread her wings right before we were about to crash, and landed with brown particles around her. We ran forward, joining the foot soldiers in the fight, slaughtering the Darkbanes and stone warriors.