19| Confession

"What?" I mumbled disbelievingly. Burpy gasped and fainted on my shoulder dramatically.

"I'm going to tell him how I really feel and ask him to be my boyfriend," she explained the obvious with blush. "And after that, no one can steal him away from me."

"Wow," I whispered, my mind still processing the unexpected news. "Well... of course I'm happy for you and supports it, but are you seriously sure about this?"

Mia furrowed her brows and tiled her head, crossing her arms in front of her chest and rolled her eyes on me. "Alessia, please don't tell me you have a crush on him too," she said, glaring daggers at me.

I shook my head violently and put my hands up defensively. "I-"

"Come on Ales, stay loyal to Blue. Eli's mine," she commanded, pointing a finger at me.

"Since when did I say I have feelings for Eli?" I questioned her. Her expression softened but she still stared at me, waiting for me to further clarify.

"No. I asked if you're sure about this was because you might ruin your friendship with him if he rejects you," I explained myself. "Not to mention, the unity between the Shane Gang as well!"

"Trust me Ales, he will say yes," she started as she smiled cheekily. "Why are you always thinking about the negative side of things?"

"Better to be safe than sorry. That's how I always do things," I said. "But if you're confident that he'll say yes, then I'd say go for it."

I forced out a smile and Mia smiled from ear to ear. "Your support means a lot to me," she chuckled.

"Good luck!" I wished her as I gave her a hug. "Thanks!" she said as we pulled back. "Even though I wouldn't need it."

...
"So, why are you bringing me here?" Eli asked curiously as his eyes scanned around his surroundings. Mia thought it was a good idea to inform the whole gang about her plan, except for Eli of course. And after Mia had told the rest of the gang about her little plan, I was 'assigned' to bring Eli to Mia's chosen location: a little grassland area in the middle of the forest just beside our hideout.

Flocks of slugs were seen chirping and hanging out under the breathtaking flowers and plants that conquered the land. The plantations shone vibrant pinks and yellows, and with the lively chirps of the local slugs, it adds perfectly to the romantic atmosphere we were aiming to create. I rode on Dalinda beside Eli, who was on Lucky.

My heart was jumping out of my chest as we rode silently in the ancient woodland, fearing that one small mistake may ruin Mia's confession plan. Being her friend, I should be genuinely happy for her, but I couldn't help but feel this sadness conquering my heart, almost forcing tears to squeeze out of my eyelids.

The discomfort was so impactful to the point where I felt like telling Eli about the plan and ordering him to reject her, but that's just stupid.

Because why would I care?

Why am I so jealous?

Why do I feel like this whole thing is just wrong?

Why am I like this?

"Ales?" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face him. "Don't leave me hanging."

"Oh! Well don't you think it's beautiful here?" I asked, trying to admire the beauty that laid before us. We dismounted from our mechas as he nodded softly, letting out a soft smile.

"It's stunning, but why are you bringing me here?"

"I brought you here with no particular reason. I just want you to see this place, that's all."