22| Slug Run

"Eli? Alessia?"

A familiar voice echoed through my mind as I lifted my heavy head from my crossed arms. My eyes squeezed shut when an unfamiliar headache struck me. It was nothing like the headaches I have experienced before. This was overpowering and painful, but it went away as fast as it appeared.

It must have been the lack of sleep that had caused that dizziness.

I assured myself. My vision became clear and I saw the four members of the gang standing in front of me. Eli let out a groan and unwillingly woke up from his nap. 

"Good morning," I greeted and let out a huge yawn.

"You guys stayed up all day just to plan for the attack?" Mia questioned and looked at us as if we were aliens.

"Pretty much, but not Blakk's citadel this time," Eli replied as he sat straight and stretched his arms out. The rest of the gang took a seat around the table as Eli told them about our plan.

"Dana informed me that Tad is storing the captured slugs in Undertow Cavern instead of his dad's citadel, which admittedly is a smart move because who would have guessed they're underwater," Eli said as he rolled out the map of the building. "Got this blueprint from Dana too. This is the layout of the underwater citadel Tad had constructed in secret."

He pointed at the back door of the structure and slid his finger across the map.

"We get in from here, and once we are in we shouldn't have to depend on our underwater suits for oxygen. Remember, the goal is to save the slugs, which are stored right here," he said as his finger stopped at a layout which had the word 'storeroom' printed in the middle of a square.

"According to the number of wagons we did not managed to stop during the distress call missions, there should be more than a thousand slugs kept in there. Try to carry as many slugs in our backpacks as possible, and for those who couldn't fit, we'll have to carry the carriers with us, or have them swim with us. Walking out of the store with the carriers will definitely draw attention, so I'd say we just blew up a hole in the store and escape before Tad realises we broke in," he jokingly concluded and looked up at the gang. "Sounds like a plan?"

"Definitely," Kord said, wearing his signature smirk as he punched a fist into his other palm. "Simple enough," Mia added with her game face on.

"Just... one question," Pronto said, putting up a finger to demonstrate the number. Trixie and Kord, being the older members of the Shane Gang, knew that Pronto's questions were never helpful in the past and they rolled their eyes. Eli, on the other hand, knew about it but still decided to give Pronto a try.

"Go ahead, Pronto," Eli said patiently.

"Why don't we just use Pieper- I mean Cobra, to lure out all the slugs instead of breaking into the citadel to get to them?" Pronto questioned, and everyone was surprised at Pronto's level of intelligence. It may not be a 1000IQ question, but him being serious and asking that kind of questions was weird to say the least.

"Yeah... Why haven't we thought of that?" Eli questioned as he looked at me, and I responded with a shrug.

"I never really know how, let alone saw Cobra hypnotize other slugs," I said as Cobra left a group of slugs that were playing with bubbles and hopped onto my shoulder. I turned to look at her and caressed her cheek.

"What do you think buddy? Can you do it?" I asked her, and gave her a confident nod. She thought for awhile, before she nodded and cheered joyfully.

"Wow! Pronto your analytical skills improved!" Trixie finally praised as she hugged Pronto, squeezing him so hard that she could carry him up in her arms. Pronto squealed from the tight embrace, but still put on a proud smile.