05| Rescue Mission

I know I'm late but Happy New Year people! Vote, comment, and enjoy the chapter :D

"We are doomed! What are we going to do? There's no way we can beat them!" Mia said, petrified.

"Thank you for stating the obvious," I hissed, rolling my eyes. "Look Mia, we have to think. There must be a way for us to save them!"

Hero came out of my backpack and stood on my shoulder, cheering us on.

"Those goons, they have slugs! Ghouled slugs! And what did Trixie told us about them this morning? We can't just... punch them in the face!?" Mia semi-screamed. I sighed and shook my head.

"You're right, we are no match for them, we will only be adding trouble if we go against Tad's goons, but we can save the slugs! Everyone will be out on the field, battling the Shane Gang. No one will see us sneaking up into their trailers and that crappy building to release the captured slugs! Besides, even if we do encounter a goon, we can fight. We didn't get a black belt for nothing, right?" I said, self-assured.

"That sounds great, but how exactly is that supposed to save them from their demise?" Mia questioned.

"Well do you have a better plan? Saving the slugs is the most we can do."

Mia relaxed her shoulders and eventually nodded, putting on her game face while Hero squeaked happily.

Creeping up on the goons was the easiest task; we were at the side of the building in no time. Crouching down behind a bush, we investigated the situation before us. The two trailers successfully hid an army of goons at the left side of the building, all just chilling around.

Suddenly, the metal door, the only path that leads into the building, slammed open.

"The first person to bring Eli Shane to me ALIVE will be heavily rewarded!" the yellow guy spoke, emphasising the word 'alive'. And with that, the army of goons ran passed him into the building to collect their ghouls and blasters, prepping for the anticipated fight.

"This is our chance to get to the trailers," I whispered softly to Mia and she nodded at me.

"... Except for you two. Stay here. Guard this door."

The yellow guy added as he pointed at the last two goons in the group, before slamming the door shut. The two goons groaned, but still obeyed their master.

I looked over at Mia and she looked at me at the same time. We nodded our head concurrently. Being fully aware of our surroundings, we tiptoed to the back of the building and hid behind the wall, crab-walked towards the guards. I slowly peeked through the corner. The goons were chitchatting casually, unaware of the danger they were in. With my eyes locked on the guard nearest to me, I put up three fingers, signaling Mia to attack on my count.

Three, two, ONE!

Without hesitation, I jumped onto the first guard, sending my elbow to the back of his neck, and knocked him out instantly. Mia ran up to the other guard, kicked his balls and elbowed his face before he was able to let out a scream or pull out his blaster. With the slingers down, the ghouled slugs on their bandoleers leaped out of their red tubes, hissed at us, before they wandered off into the jungle.

"Those look disgusting," I commented, referring to the ghouls.

"They sure do. Come on Ales! Let's keep going!" Mia called, running towards the nearby trailers. I looked over at the guard I knocked out earlier. My eyes landed on his blaster.

I thought for a second, before unbuckling his blaster.

"What are you doing?" Mia questioned as I unloosed the second blaster from the other goon.