Yn:(mind) So the glitch just copies my avatar?

Yn2: Why do you have my skin?

Yn:!?!

Yn: Y-your skin?

Yn2:(sigh)... I can already see where this is going... Just don't go saying you're me.

Yn:??

Yn: Who do you think you are...?

Yn2: Yn.

Yn: Yn as in... Nathan?

Yn2:...? How did you...?

Yn: Who is Nathan's best friend.

Yn2: It was Elle... What's Nathan's favorite color.

Yn: Red.

Yn2: Who are you?

Yn: I am Nathan. You... are some kind of glitch I summoned.

Yn2:..... If one of us is some kind of glitch...

Yn: It's you.

Yn2: Then how does this glitch know so much about reality? It doesn't make sense...

Yn: I don't know.

Yn2: I need fresh air... I'm logging off.

Yn2:... Wait, why can't I log off?!

Yn: Because you're not real!

Yn2:... Fuck!

Yn:...

Yn2:... What now?

Sitting down, I sigh deeply.

Yn: You want to...talk?

Yn2:... I'm kinda having a major existential crisis here, but fine. Self-therapy...

Yn:...

(Reality)

Immediately messaging Disco, we get on a voice call.

Nathan: What the hell was that!?

Disco:(on-call) So you tried the glitch?

Nathan: Why did another me spawn?

Disco:(on-call) That's the truth of Life.

Disco:(on-call) They're using players to create artificial intelligence.

Nathan: Wh-what!?!

Disco:(on-call) The evil bastards even put it in their terms and services.

Nathan: That's...genius! No one reads those!

Disco:(on-call) That's why I don't want the money. I'm going to use the victory to make some changes.

Nathan: What kind of changes?

Disco:(on call) I'm going to make sure the clones don't have our memories.

Nathan:... That's it?

Disco:(on-call) Pretty much. That's really the only problem I have with it.

Nathan: That's the only problem you have?

Disco:(on-call) Hey, who wouldn't want a real-life Jarvis or Cortana?

Nathan:..... I don't know how to feel about this. Shouldn't this be a bigger deal?

Disco:(on-call) If we were to consider our lives as some kind of story, then usually the way things would pan out, would be that they'd use the AI for nefarious means.

Disco:(on-call) But in real life, it's nothing we can complain about. Except for the whole memory thing.

Yn: I... I... I'm going for a walk.

Disco:(on-call) Now if they were trying to use that AI to help the government, then we would have-

Escaping from the conversation, I went out to go clear my head.

All I ever wanted out of this championship was money so I could start my own life.

I didn't need nor want anything to do with these AI shenanigans.  And it's not as if I could do anything about it.

Why are they even using us to make AI!?

This was all just a mess I didn't want anything to do with.

Taking a moment to see where I was, I noticed a familiar face. The beautiful woman I had recently met, Jenny.

In the hotel bar, she drank some alcoholic beverages from a champagne flute.

Nathan: Hey there.

Letting myself sit next to her, Jenny glances towards me and smiles.

Jenny:(smile) We're not in Europe, you can't drink yet.

Nathan: Don't need to, I'll get second-hand drunk just by sitting next to you.

Jenny: Oh, ho...? Is that so?

Nathan: I hope so.

Nathan: Right now, I feel like drinking. But since I can't get alcohol, I'll take a juice.

Jenny: I'll take one too... Mixed with alcohol of course.

Nathan: Any reason you're drinking today?

Jenny: Well let's see... I'm over 21... I can... I want to... And there isn't anything else I can do.

Jenny: What about you? Why do you want to become an alcoholic?

Nathan: Let's just say... To forget that Life is complicated.

Jenny: Good enough.

I would have paid for her drink but that probably would have been considered illegal since I'm still only 18.

We drink our respective drinks.

Jenny:... Hey... You wanna play some adult games?

Nathan:???

(Several minutes later)

Entering her room, and locking the door, Jenny and I make out on her bed.

I could taste a bit of alcohol on her lips but it's not like I was going to stop kissing this sexy lady because of that.

Jenny:(giggles)... Good boy, now the next step in your quest for manhood is to put my glass on the counter and take the magical armor to enter the cave of lust.

Nathan:(mind) Okay....?

Grabbing her drink, I place it on the bedside table, then look for the "armor".

Before I found the armor, I noticed a wedding ring.

Nathan:?

Nathan: Is this...yours...?

I show her the ring.

Jenny: Yeah.

Nathan: You're married...?

Jenny:(chuckles)... Who cares?

She unbuttons her shirt.

Nathan: I care... Are you married?

Jenny:....(sigh)... Yes.

Nathan:... Then why are you doing this? Does the guy not treat you well? Are you going through a rough patch or...

Jenny: Forget about that, and come here.

Nathan:.... No, I'm sorry, I can't do this with a married woman.

Nathan: If you have problems with your husband, then just talk things out before cheating.

I leave her room.

Nathan:(mind) Of course, of course! The first lady I find is a married woman trying to cheat!

Nathan:(mind) I was almost... Ugh!

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Life Is Funजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें