CHAPTER 2

The rays of sunlight seeped through Akeela's bedroom window all of a sudden, making her open her eyes in a hurry.

She shut it back immediately she opened it, trying to adjust to the light. She wondered what brought the sudden glimmers. 

She knew someone was behind it when she heard a voice. "Wakey wakey." 

It was Fiona and she had draped her window curtain to one side, allowing the sunlight to penetrate into Akeela's bedroom.

Akeela groaned as Fiona pulled the duvet cover off her, dragging her up. "Come on. We are late for our shopping."

"Shopping?" Akeela questioned, rubbing her hand over her eyes.

She was still feeling sleepy. She looked at the wall clock and it was 10 am. "What shopping? I want to go back to sleep. Can't we go later in the day?"

"Don't tell me you've forgotten about the shopping we talked about last night, Keela", Akeela looked up to see Bella coming in with a plate of the leftover sausage roll she had before going for the Lady's Night.

Everyone knew Isabella was a foodie.

Akeela gasped as reality dawned on her. Isabella's birthday was the following week and they made plans to go shopping since it was Saturday. Come Monday, none of them would be available to go shopping.

"I forgot, babe. Forgive me", Akeela apologized and scrambled out of bed.

"Take your time, we are already late", Bella told her, collapsing on her cane chair beside the window, munching on the last roll on the plate. 

Akeela usually spent most of her time, reading, on the cane chair, whenever she was home.

She used to be an introvert before arriving in England. She spent most of her free time in her chair reading whatever she could lay her hands on, from magazines to novels and journals, as well as academic bulletins.

But when Fiona and Bella came along, she began to shed the skin of being anti-social. They made sure she accompanied them to any party they attended and Akeela began to get used to being social. But even with that, she was still reserved and gentle.

She has a calm composure and barely got angry. But when angry, she can do things she might end up regretting. That was the one thing she was trying to put to check....she was hot-headed.

Akeela was already in the bathroom. The sleep was gone and she was wide-eyed. When she got to the front of the mirror to take her toothbrush and paste, she unconsciously looked up into her mirror and the memories of the previous night event came rushing.

She looked in the mirror for a while as if looking at a different individual, who wasn't her. The toothbrush was already in her hand as she lifted her hand up to touch her pretty oval-shaped face and wondered why Fred kept cheating. 

Her crystal clear white pupils and long eyelids added to her beauty. She had full lashes also, fanning her face whenever she blinked. Her nose was pointed and shiny. Her lips were full and kissable, with a pinkish color at the lower bottom. She had a little mark under her jaw, which complimented her looks. 

Fiona and Bella had always said that. It was very little and barely noticeable because of her complexion but it was charming. Even Fred found it charming. He said it added to her full lips, which he could barely resist.

Am I not beautiful enough? Is it the sex? She asked inwardly but she couldn't answer any of the questions.

She sighed deeply and closed her eyes. The headache was gone, she realized.