sick day fights and make ups

Joshua's pov

Month 56

(slight smut warning)

"Yeah, I'm sorry Linda I'm just not feeling well." I say into the phone.

"That's okay, is Tyler there?" 

"No, he's with his mom on vacation." 

"Oh, why aren't you with him? Are you guys fighting again?" 

"What? No, no, he just wanted alone time with his mom."

"Okay, that's understandable. Do you want me to drop by? I can make you my famous soup!" She laughs. 

I shake my head although she can't see. "No, it's okay Linda, thank you though!"

"Of course Joshua, if you change your mind you know my number!" 

I chuckle and nod. "Okay, thank you. I'll see you Tuesday." 

"See you Tuesday." 

I smile and bring the phone away from my head, hanging up and tossing the phone on my bed. Now that that's over, I can surprise Tyler! Now, I wasn't exactly lying to my boss, I don't really feel great but Tyler isn't out of town. He's just at work but I got today and tomorrow off to spend with him. We haven't been doing too good, he's been very stressed and isn't talking to me about it so I just wanted to shower my baby boy in attention the next two days. 

I give Jim a pet and a kiss as I grab my keys, wallet then my phone and exit the room, running down the stairs to the front door. Slipping on my shoes, I look around and make sure everything is off before heading out, locking the door behind me. 

/

"Joshua? What are you doing here?" He asks, giving me a hug. 

I smile and kiss the side of his head. "I just wanted to see you. I miss your face." 

He chuckles and breaks the hug. "Well you should be resting, you're still sick."

"Barely! And besides, my sickness can wait, my baby boy can't." 

He shakes his head and goes back to behind the counter. "I get off in twenty minutes, can your sickness wait that long?" He sasses. 

"As a matter of fact it can wait thirty." I tease. 

I follow him behind the counter and sit on the stool. He turns to face me and smiles. "I'm sorry I've been super grumpy lately." 

I shrug and lean back against the wall. "We all have our days, it's only fair you get to have them too." 

The bell rings, taking his attention away from me. I scan the store, looking for the customers. "Well thank you, I appreciate you a lot, Joshua." He says. 

I look back at him, as he's already staring at me. "I love you." I smile. 

He giggles and gives me a quick kiss. "I love you more, butthead." 

I go to speak but the customers come up to the counter and set their stuff down. "I don't know if you're aware, but there's an awful stench from the bathroom area." One girl says. 

"Oh shit, thank you for telling me." Tyler says, checking their stuff out. 

"Yeah, I've worked at gas stations my whole life so I can only assume someone came here to relive themselves after eating taco bell." She says making Tyler laugh. 

"I hate when people do that!" He says sliding the bag across the counter. "Thank you for letting me know." 

"Of course, us gas station buddies have to stick together." She giggles.