the next morning

Joshua's pov

My eyes nictitate open as the sun beams blind me. I go to stretch but the sleeping body in my hold stops me. I smile softly and rest my head on my shoulder, admiring the man in front of me.

What fucking time is it? God, he's so fucking pretty. Oh my God, I have to fucking pee but I don't want to leave. I wish we could stay like this forever. I know I shouldn't, but fuck man, I can't help it.

"Joshua, are you staring at me?" Tyler asks, his voice sleepy.

I nervously chuckle. "What? Me? Staring? Psh, no, w-why would I stare?"

"I don't know Joshua, that's a good question." He laughed, nuzzling further into the bed.

I have no response so I laugh and place my head back on my pillow, pulling him closer into me.

Well what now? What does this mean for us? Is he just doing this to feel better about his failing relationship? What does this mean?

"Hey, Joshua?" He spoke softly.

"Yeah, Tyler?"

"I don't-I don't know what to do." I can hear the cracks in his voice.

"About what?"

"M-my relationship, my mom, life, anything. Bren hasn't been home since Thursday, it's Saturday. I'm afraid he's just gonna break up with me."

"I'm sorry, Tyler, but I'm sure he won't-"

"But what if he does?" He interrupted. "What would I do? I've been with him for so long, I don't know w-what I would do."

"Tyler, you'd keep living. Brendon leaving you shouldn't be the reason you give up and stop trying. I know, it's so much easier said than done, I know. But you can do it! You've come so far in life, too far in life to just throw it all away because of one person. You're stronger than you realize."

I hear him sniffle and he pulls my arm that's around him closer.

"And besides," I continue. "If he does end up breaking up with you, I'm here. You're my friend, and I always stick by my friends."

He turns his head to look at me with a sad smile. "You consider me a friend?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I? Do you not consider me a friend?"

He shakes his head and turns back around. "No, I do, I do. I dunno, I don't have like, any friends so hearing you say that...I dunno."

I lightly chuckle and give him a reassuring squeeze. "Well, now you do have one and you're stuck with me."

He laughs which causes me to smile.

I could get so used to hearing him laugh.