celebrate

Joshua's pov

Month 24 

Eight months. Tyler and I have been dating eight months now. It's been fucking insane. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, I don't even know where I'd be if it weren't for him. Also, it's been two full years since he left Brendon, that fucking shitbag. Tyler has been a little...  off since the incident at the restaurant with seeing him there. Well, we don't actually know if it was him or not, it was just a man who hit a women and also had raven black hair. 

It was definitely him.

But Tyler has been a little shaken up, so I planned a little something for us today. As a distraction from Brendon, a celebration of him breaking loose from Brendon, and a celebration of us and our eight months. I know eight months isn't that big of a deal, we still have four more until one year, but it's a milestone for Tyler. He's been able to trust me, to confide in me and be able to love me after almost eight years of being tormented by someone who supposedly loved him. It's just my way to tell Tyler that I'm proud of him.

//

"My sweet lover, I had-"

"That is the straightest thing I've ever heard, you can't say that to him." Debs said, cutting me off.

"What? How does that sound straight?" I ask, groaning and falling back onto the couch. 

"My sweet lover? You cannot get any straighter than that, coming from a straight women." She laughed. 

"This shit is hard Debs!" 

She rolls her eyes and sips her wine. "J, you're overthinking it. You don't have to write literally anything down, when you get in front of him, just get down and speak from your heart. Tell him what you feel when you look in his eyes, or when he randomly kisses you. It doesn't have to be a full essay, make it sweet, love filled and true." 

// 

"Joshua?" He calls out, walking inside. 

I smile to myself walk out of our shared room down the hall to him. He's in the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of chocolate milk. 

"Hi lovie," I say, resting my head on the door frame. "How was work?" 

He looks back at me and smiles before he puts away the milk. "It was good, Jessie is a fucking bitch and I hate him, but it was good." 

"I'm sorry, should I beat him up for you?" I joke. 

I see him roll his eyes and he gives me a fake laugh. "Please, do anything but that." 

"Okay." I say nodded and smiling. "Well hey, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?" 

He shakes his head and leans against that counter. "Nope, beside staying home and laying in my handsome boyfriends arms." 

I blush and walk over to him. "Okay, well you have plans now." I say, wrapping my arms around his little waist. 

"I do?" He asks. 

"Mhm, we do."

"What are we doing?" 

"We, my love, are gonna have a little date night. Movies, dinner, a walk on the beach, maybe a little swim, then we'll end up back here. Maybe kiss a bunch and play Super Smash Bros." 

He smiles at me and wraps his arms around my neck. "You're the sweetest.' 

Shaking my head, I give him a quick peck on the lips. "No, you are." 

//

"Two tickets to see Fight Club." I say handing the women money. 

"Fight Club? Joshua, how many times will you make me watch this movie?" He groans.