kiss

Tyler's pov

Month 7

Today's the day. The day I get my sling off. It's been a pain in the ass, but I couldn't be happier to get it off. Joshua is working today so he wont be able to be with me. Debby is here with me though. We've spent some time together and I like her a lot. She's very nice, her humor is a little dry but mine is too so it's okay.

We're sat in the hospital room, waiting for my doctor when Debby gets a phone call. She smiles at me and answers it, leaving the room. I dramatically groan and lay back on the chair. Who the fuck could that be?

There's a little knock on the door followed by my doctor walking inside. "Good morning, Tyler." She said walking towards me. "How are we doing today?"

"Good. Joshua isn't here with me today so I'm a little upset about that."

"Oh, why isn't he here?" She asked, pulling out her stethoscope. She placed it on my chest and I took a deep breath.

"He's working today." I say, exhaling.

She moves the stethoscope to my back I repeat my movements. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. Are you here alone?"

Almost on cue, Debby bursts through the door. She frantically collects her stuff together. "I'm sorry Tyler, I gotta go pick up Josh." She said.

"W-what? Is he okay?"

She pauses to look at me and nods. "Yeah, he's okay. Just a little work accident."

//

Washing the dishes without my brace is honestly so fucking relieving. That shit hurt, I'm so glad to have it off.

"Tyler!" Joshua screamed, walking inside our house, scaring the living shit out of me.

"Jesus! What?" I say, turning to look at him. I gasp and drop the plate that was in my hand and run over to him. "What the fuck happened?" I ask, taking his head in my hands. I move his head all around, trying to see the extent of his injuries.

"There was a fight at work." He said, laughing nervously.

"You started a fight at work?!" I basically yelled.

He shook his head and swatted my hand away. "No! There was a fight, I just got caught in the middle if it! But it's not about me right now! You don't have your brace anymore!"

"Yes, but don't go and change the subject!"

"Hush, this is a time of celebration! You're totally healed Tyler! You did it!" He pulled me into a hug and I smiled to myself.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Joshua."

He pulled away to look at me. He has a huge smile on his semi bleeding mouth. He lets his gaze linger, making me shrink in my skin.

"What?" I forced out a laugh.

He shook his head, his smile growing bigger. "Nothing, I just really like looking at you. You're really pretty." He said, looking all over my face.

I smile as I notice he keeps looking at my mouth. Sighing internally, I place my hands on his cheeks and pull him into a kiss. Instant fireworks. My stomach feels heavy, like I'm going to throw up at any moment. It doesn't even feel like we've kissed before, that was nothing to how this feels.

He dropped his hands to my hips, lightly squeezing at my pudgy skin. I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck.

He pulled back for a breath of air. He smiles at me, making my knees go weak. "Why'd you do that?" He asks.

I shrug and smile. "You're just really pretty."