17: E M O T I O N S

Start from the beginning

"Arjun loves you idiot! You don't know what we've been through when you were gone, what we felt when you were gone. You don't know what happened to Arjun in your abscence!" Yelled Romi, starting to walk towards me "We never tried to find you? We did Rakshit! But everwhere we went, we couldn't find you. Arjun had to work three times a day to arrange money required for the travels! Do you remember how much we respected him? After dad passed, he was our father and I've watched my father fucking beg for money in front of his bosses just because we kept changing places to find you!" He yelled, pulling Arjun to the front and grabbing his face "This emotionless face had shred several tears in your absence, had countless sleepless nights thinking about his baby brother and you want to say he doesn't love you?"

My brother-

He had to beg?

The mere thought broke something in me. My heart sank while thinking and shame filled eyes slowly moved to Arjun, watching him stand in silence. Our elder brother, our fatherly figure, our everything had to do such a thing, just because I left?

"Arjun did you?" My voice stopped feeling the lump in my throat. Arjun's slight moist eyes traveled to me and nodded in a yes, sinking my heart to a greater gulit. "Why?"

"Because finding you was not possible without money" He laughed fakely "You remember when your neighbors said that I treated the both of you as my sons? Well, a father can do this, right?"

He turned his face to hide his emotions but Romi bowed his head. I felt Drishti wrapping herself around my arm and moving her arm across my chest to hold my shoulder. Her hand slowly sliding across my shoulder to my neck and finally reaching my face, turning it to her. Her eyes held a different kind of emotion that provided peace to my soul as I looked into them.

Her soft hands wiping away my tears and resting on my cheek as she said "Rakshit, I think you should talk to them, properly. Can we all go home and talk it out? Please"

There was no way my heart would agree to denying that pleasant request of hers. So I nodded in a yes and signaled my brothers to follow us.

Were we finally together? After five years?

"Come" Slipping her hand into mine she smiled at me, waiting for my brothers so that we could match steps with them.

At this point I just wanted to run to them and hug them tight, pouring out my longevity to meet them but controlled that feeling. We walked home peacefully, her hand intertwined with mine, my brothers walking beside me.

Could life be any more beautiful?

Well if we would add Varun and the girls then yes.

Just as we reached home she withdrew hand and looked at Arjun "Take care of him brother" Arjun nodded and started pasing the house some looks, bound by his old habit which seemed to have never changed.

"Not again Arjun" Romi whispered in his ears, audible enough to Drishti and I.

Arjun had this habit of looking at the structure of the house and then later badmouthing it, claiming that the workers failed to do their work which even he knew was not true.

"Rakshit" like every other time she touched my shoulder, causing my heartbeat to rise a little more than the normal "I should go. You guys carry on"

"Wait, you're going where?"

"To my home for sure" she giggled.

"But, you can stay" As she had already known this much about me then why should she miss the part where we forgive each other and rejoice.

"Oh no Rakshit. It's your family moment I can't just" she shrugged her shoulders to show her awkwardness and I understood what she meant.

Not that I was letting her go.

"Drishti please. When I was alone, nobody ever cared to ask me how I was, while you were always there. You've cooked for me when I did not exoect you to, you included me in your family dinner, your outings and never left me. You are my family Drishti! Stay" Holding her hands in mine, I requested her through my eyes.

She hesitated for some time but Arjun and Romi asked her to accompany if I wanted her to be there.

"If you're his family, you are ours" Said Romi and put his hand on Drishti's head which not only made her smile but also agree to what we said.

She entered inside along with us and made herself comfortable on the couch. She had visited me a few times before so it wasn't the first time. Moreover Varun had stayed here for two nights which were one of the best nights in my life till now.

"We'll just come" letting her wait in the living room, I ked my brothers upstairs to my room where a teddy bear was sleeping in the bed.

Yeah Varun stayed here last night and this belonged to him.

"Do you forgive us Rakshit?" Asked Romi, not caring about the teddy.

"Are you actually sorry? I can't feel it, something feels off about your apologies. I do not want to accept. If you both were sorry then why is Arjun not talking to me? Does he not love me? Like he used to" I spoke

Arjun who was listening to all this stood up and walked towards me. Looking straight into my eyes, he said "Don't ever doubt my love for you, Rakshit"

Saying this he pulled me into his chest, rubbing my hairs and sometimes my back to feel my prescence. Letting emotions control him, he cried holding me and I did the same "I missed you a lot"

"Me too Arjun, me too"