xlv. burrow

"Yeah, I'm kind of a badass." I held my sweater up so Fred could trace the scars on my abdomen, they started to heal and became a soft pinkish colour. 

"Kind of? You got scars from Greyback, and Lestrange used the Cruciatus curse on you." He pulls my sweater back down, before someone walks past his room. "And you're talking about it like it's nothing."

"I am amazing, aren't I?" I grin, leaning into his body. He has a small smile on his face, which disappears into a serious stare. 

"You promised me you'd stay safe."

"And you promised me no more secrets." I match his tone, standing back from him. 

"You broke your promise first." He crosses his arms, staring down at me. 

"You... kept secrets first. Ha!" I cross my arms back.

"You'll find out the secrets soon, relax."

"You relax! What happened to me is in the past." The stare off lasts for a while, both of us too stubborn to admit we're in the wrong. I let out a sigh and walk over to his bed, still crossing my arms. He keeps his eyes on me, watching me sit down near the headboard. I watch him get madder at my silence, slowly walking over to me until I have to tilt my head to keep the stare.

"Hey Fred, we need to get the- woah." George appears in the doorway, stopping once he sees us staring in silence. "Is this a weird sex thing, because I can get everyone out of the house if you need."

"George!" I gasp, breaking into a smile. 

"Do you have my money?" He flashes a smile at me, holding his hand out. With a last look at Fred's angry face, I walk over to George and slip two sickles into his palm, making my way to Ginny's room without a word. When I walk in the door both Hermione's and Ginny's heads snap to look at me. 

"Where were you?" Ginny mumbles, still preoccupied with the bracelet she was weaving together. 

"Losing money to George." I drop onto the bed I'm supposed to be sleeping in, my hands going to rest on my head. "How do I get Fred to stop being mad at me?"

"Hm, have you considered se-" Ginny starts, before being cut off by Hermione's gasp. 

"Ginny! Gross!" 

"What? He's a guy!" Ginny defends herself, looking at Hermione and I.

"He's also your brother." Hermione looks at her with disgust but Ginny just shrugs.

"I have too many of those, I don't care about it anymore." She looks back to me. "But have you tried it?"

"No!" I sit up, trying not to laugh. "He's too stubborn to let me near him." 

"Please, he's a guy. Just tell him what you want and he'll do it for you."

"Ginny!" Hermione yells again. 

"What? I didn't say it had to be, y'know. It can be anything." She shrugs again, turning back to her bracelet. She looks back up at me when I don't reply. "So shoo. Go make my brother happy." I pull myself back up off of the bed and walk to Fred's room again, seeing him and George looking over some paperwork together. They don't even notice that I've sat down behind them on the bed. Looking around, Fred's bedroom has several bookcases, filled with both books as well as product prototypes that he's produced with George. He has banners and posters decorating the spare spaces on the walls, the floor is grey carpet, messy with spare pillows and blankets thrown around. After a few minutes of staring straight at the wooden roof, I turn my attention Fred's head, bobbing up and down, agreeing with whatever George is saying. Almost instinctively, I reach my hand up to run my fingers through his hair.