CHAPTER 22: SARANGDHAR's SACRIFICE

Sarang had to leave with Kavya the following day to meet a publisher living in the city outskirts. So, Kamleshwari and Sayuri stayed with Alia. As usual, Alia was waiting to catch an auto to leave her twins to school that day. Suddenly, a big white van stopped near them. A bunch of goons armed with guns abducted Alia and the twins.

Kavya and Sarangdhar were riding in a car. "Kavyaji, who is this new publisher and why he stays far away from the main city?" said Sarangdhar.

"When we go there, you will understand everything," said Kavya.

Sarang found her answer weird but didn't ask further questions as Kavya always managed his professional affairs well. Finally, Kavya stopped the car. They reached a DurgaMata temple situated atop a steep mountain.

"What is this, Kavyaji?" asked a confused Sarang.

"Keep quiet and follow me," said Kavya.

They went inside the temple. "Welcome, Lalla, welcome," said a voice.

Sarang looked around. Suddenly, he saw his conniving father Brij in front of him. Veer and Gautam were also present there.

"What are you doing in Mumbai, Bapu? Mr Shroff?! Veer?! What's going on, Kavyaji?" shouted Sarang.

"Calm down, Lalla. First look at this video and then shout as much as you want," said Brij. Then, Brij showed Sarang a video of Alia and the twins held captive in a secluded place with their hands tied. The kids were petrified, while Alia was unconscious.

"Alia, my children!?" said Sarang worriedly.

"Lalla, nothing would happen to them provided you marry the girl of my choice right away," said Brij with a wicked smirk.

"What?!" said Sarang.

"Yes, Sarang, you have to marry me," said Kavya.

"Kavyaji, are you in your senses? I have told you multiple times before, I don't love you. But, I consider you my true friend. I seriously didn't expect his from you," said Sarang.

"And what did you do, Sarang? I stopped expanding my cafe and never resurrected my singing career. Why? To become your manager and help you achieve your dreams. I stood beside you during your tough times. But you overlooked all my sacrifices and went back to Alia. And if that wasn't enough, you credited Alia for your success. I ran from pillar to post to pitch your ideas to publishers, not Alia," cried Kavya.

"Kavyaji, she deserved the credit. Hadn't she saved me from the money scam I was embroiled in, I would have been in jail. In that case, I would have neither been a good father nor a successful writer. And that certainly didn't mean I undervalued you," said Sarang.

Brij interrupted their conversation and said, "Stop. You both can argue later. We don't have much time."

"Sarang, your dad is dangerous. Do as he says and save my daughter and grandchildren," said Gautam.

Sarang reminisced about the good times he spent with Alia and his kids with tears in his eyes. He finally gave in to Brij's condition to save them. Brij went towards Kavya with a red bridal attire and ornaments. Kavya stretched her hands to receive them but was pushed aside by another girl.

"Welcome, meri hone wali bahu rani, ELAICHI," said Brij with a demonic laugh and gave her the bridal wear and jewellery.

"Lallaji is neither Alia's nor Kavya's. He is mine," said Elaichi triumphantly.

Brij's sister, Buaji, also came there. She told Brij, "Waah Munna, what an amazing gameplan?."

She then turned towards Sarang, "You thought we would let you marry Madamji? Kathai Nai. I tried killing the snakelets in Madamji's womb. They survived. Our next plan caused Madamji's accident, but the snakelets still survived. Then, Brij and Gautam got you trapped in the Rs 12 crore scam.  And finally, when we separated you both, the snakelets reunited you both after six years. That's not acceptable to us. Come what may, our parampara can't break."

Then Buaji turned towards Kavya and said, "Seheri Madam Number 2, thank you."

Sarang heard everything silently. He went closer to a shocked Kavya and said, "Nobody here is a bigger loser than you today. And thanks for robbing me of true friendship."

Kavya's palace of delusions had finally crashed. She realized Brij used her as a pawn to get Sarang forcibly married to Elaichi. Kavya regretted her actions and vowed to save Sarang, Alia, and their kids from Brij. She immediately tried stopping the wedding, but Brij ordered his men to lock her in the same warehouse where Alia and the kids were held captive.

Meanwhile, Nandini and Kamleshwari were worried as Alia and the kids didn't return home. They got to know from Rahul that Alia didn't report to the office that day. They couldn't reach Alia over the phone as Brij's goons destroyed it. They tried calling Sarang and Kavya too. But, their phones were out of coverage area. Moreover, the police refused to file a 'missing' complaint as 24 hours hadn't passed.

Finally, Rahul, Ramesh, and the other DDS staff recorded a video requesting the public to contact them immediately if they had seen Alia or her kids. They uploaded the video on all social media handles along with Alia, Agastya, and Sayuri's photographs.